Sideshow Snake Eyes Photo Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Slowly........If SE is average, I cannot wait for the others.

The last few figures have been great out of the box (just some minor futzing and minor customization needed). The great thing about the G.I. Joe line is that even if there are issues with a figure, some easy body swaps or minor tweaks and the figures are perfect.

I'm swapping the SE head with a trooper head. Any tricks to getting the visor off? I'm gonna try to heat the glue with a hair dryer but if someone has a better idea I'd appreciate it.

If you can be patient, just wait for the V. 1 Commando Snake Eyes to be released. Sideshow said that he would ship with two heads, a sculted goggled head and a sculpted visor head for those who want consistency in the heads being sculpted.

I'm swapping the SE head with a trooper head. Any tricks to getting the visor off? I'm gonna try to heat the glue with a hair dryer but if someone has a better idea I'd appreciate it.

It should just pry right off so long as you're slow and careful. Getting the visor on a sculpted head really makes all the difference. Thank KD for the brilliant idea.

Took some work but got it off with the help of a knife. Sideshow use a lot of glue... Unlike hot toys. What glue works best to attach it to the sculpted head? Was gonna try super glue

108017_L-Epoxy-Glue.jpg

Ok. Finally finalized my SnakeEyes. Finally 100% happy with him. I present to you SnakeEyes 3.0

a9b6cfb7.jpg

57cda5da.jpg

It works. Looks really good. How's the articulation on the upper body with that jacket?

Just fine. The suit isn't that thick or tight. It moves perfectly fine. I had to switch from the CR Supes body to a Thor body though but I think that was a good move.

I think he looks pretty cool, the only thing that I'm not a fan of are the boots. Even though the boots that came with SE are nice they make him look like he has baby feet.

You guys really like big feet. I never notice these little feet thing that people see on some of them. The custom cloth boots some people use look like clown shoes to me.

You guys really like big feet. I never notice these little feet thing that people see on some of them. The custom cloth boots some people use look like clown shoes to me.

Hence why to me, sculpted boots > cloth/leather boots. Besides, I always thought it was funny that peeps complain and go out of their way to replace the boots and then ignore the sculpted gloves. Seems oxymoronic. :lol

I do like sculpted boots on many of my figures but I think it depends on the figure/bash I'm working on. Like i said before the boots that came with SE are great looking just seem a bit of the small side, I ended up switching mine out with a pair of HT GSG9 until I find something better.

Finally switched to a TTA body and a sculpted head. Took some pics. What a difference the TT body makes. Its like a whole new figure. I bought a nice 1/6 MP5 for him to replace the Uzi, just waiting for it to come in the mail... Anyway, here are the pics.

mhfxu8.jpg

2eyxi14.jpg

260epes.jpg

Back