Sideshow Snake Eyes Photo Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WTF? Do I want to know more? Yes.

:offtopic:

To make a long story short, with the celebration of Communism in China, the government cracked down on unregulated companies (basically companies not bribing them). The Chinese airsoft manufacturers were one of their main targets with most shops being closed, their molds destroyed, products steamrolled, the company owners being arrested, forced to bribe their way out of jail and a female VP executed (likely because she couldn't pay and was a female) to prove a point. So now, focus and manufacturing have shifted to Taiwan which means higher price tags. :(

:offtopic:

To make a long story short, with the celebration of Communism in China, the government cracked down on unregulated companies (basically companies not bribing them). The Chinese airsoft manufacturers were one of their main targets with most shops closing, the company owners being arrested and bribing their way out of jail and a female VP executed (likely because she couldn't pay and was a female) to prove a point. So now, focus and manufacturing have shifted to Taiwan which means higher price tags. :(

Very insightful, thanks lil' NAM. :1-1:

633117640948593750.jpg

Anyone else get this vibe from the quoted post:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/5zhq77NuOXU&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/5zhq77NuOXU&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>​

:rotfl

How the hell did you find that?

OK...so I got Snake Eyes switched over to the Blade body. I like it. But I did not properly prepare myself for the mods to the ankles and wrists. So I need to get some spare pegs, either Hot Toys to trade straight across or Sideshows to trim down. I have a pair of boots that would pop right in, but I am pretty much thinking about getting an extra set to trim in to place. Tese are the boots, does anyone know what figure they came from?
DSC06767-1.jpg

I think those are the Hot Toys Rambo 3 boots. If you are thinking about trying to get the pegs out of the Sideshow boots let me know how you did it if you're successful because I've tried and they are stuck in there pretty darn good. :monkey1

I think those are the Hot Toys Rambo 3 boots. If you are thinking about trying to get the pegs out of the Sideshow boots let me know how you did it if you're successful because I've tried and they are stuck in there pretty darn good. :monkey1

Stick a teacup in the microwave for about a minute. Drop the shoes in for about 20 seconds. Pull them out and give the pegs a tug. They'll pop right out.

Thanks! I have been curious about this for a long time. I just double-checked and you nailed it.

I have Snake Eyes on the Blade body now so I won't be altering the boots. But i would like to have a few more sets of these for some future TT swaps, though (despite the fact that they are just slghtly narrow for my preference).

I've never seen SSC get cute with the semantics in their Ask Sideshow answers. The question asked if we'd see a 1/6 scale Commando SE and they stated he's already in the works. The end. All other SE discussion can continue in his thread. Back to Duke. :)

Cont'd from Duke thread...

:lol:rotfl:lol The amount of times you ask a question that's been answered BY the Q&A's and the bolded statement above leads me to believe you don't often even read the Q&As. Getting cute, vague, and even misleading in Q&A's is pretty much their trademark. :lol:rotfl:lol

Cont'd from Duke thread...

:lol:rotfl:lol The amount of times you ask a question that's been answered BY the Q&A's and the bolded statement above leads me to believe you don't often even read the Q&As. Getting cute, vague, and even misleading in Q&A's is pretty much their trademark. :lol:rotfl:lol

True, but the question was specifically for Commando SE. And they said yes. Unless they have a different idea of what Commando Snake Eyes is, which wouldnt surprise me either.

So...will sideshow becoming out with a new one of these? I found a shop that has em for 200, wondering if its too much to pay but then again ebay prices are like.... 240 or so. Thoughts?

so would you reccomend buying the current version or waiting for the new one? I mean id imagine the new one wont be released until mid next year at the earliest right?

I think Sideshow is gonna address every single complaint they had with Snake-eyes, their first Joe, and really knock this out of the park Hot Toys-style. So yes, if you don't have the first release, wait. I'm hoping for some of the SS 'let's modernize it' mixed with a healthy dose of Resolute with the short sword on the back of his belt. And no more Uzis. Go MP5, small assault rifle, something different that would be an actual-use or cutting edge Black Ops/Counter-terror weapon.

Back