Sideshow SDCC Thread June 25th - July 12th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol

Ushanka is a great hat, but Batman had no reason to wear it.
It was just incredibly silly and stereotypical for the sake of being incredibly silly and stereotypical.

Exactly, so much for "tiny" Darkseid.

Hmmm. They should have put him next to Superman or Bats for a true comparison. Wonder what they have next to him? I'm still not convinced yet. No matter how big he appears in the distance, measurement wise he just will never be right height wise.

In the comic did Batman ever do that one dance where you squat down and kick out your legs? Based on movies and things I'm pretty sure that's all you guys ever do over there. :lol

I may have to get Skeletor. Just too evil looking to pass on

Out of everything thus far, Sideshow related, Red Sonja and Masters of the Universe have got my full attention. I knew going in MotU would be something special, but I was hoping they wouldn't be for my own sake. :lol They turned out as I thought, and now I feel like the pair is ALMOST a must. I mean, if I had nothing else on deck, it'd be a no-brainer...but I have to think before POs go out now! :lol

Either way, I think these two are two of the best companion pieces in a long time! They compliment one another really well. As I mentioned elsewhere, pricing will be a big thing with them. I'm hoping $379.99...I think that's reasonable, but I've realized it's pointless to expect a certain number these days.

Red Sonja...again, pricing will tell, but I think she'll come in at $479.99 or so...$489.99 maybe, but she'll be hard to pass up. Very cool take on her.

That Sonja is absolutely incredible. I might buy it even if the paint comes out looking awful and pay to have it repainted. The pose and sculpt are just perfect. I like that she's more muscular and has a less cartoony face sculpt than the first version. Also that snake base, amazing.

I'm also loving the He-Man line as well. I hope they make a battlecat, but I doubt it will rival PCS'. I'd get PCS' and display it with the Sideshow He-Man if they were in the same scale.

That Sonja is absolutely incredible. I might buy it even if the paint comes out looking awful and pay to have it repainted. The pose and sculpt are just perfect. I like that she's more muscular and has a less cartoony face sculpt than the first version. Also that snake base, amazing.

I'm also loving the He-Man line as well. I hope they make a battlecat, but I doubt it will rival PCS'. I'd get PCS' and display it with the Sideshow He-Man if they were in the same scale.

I doubt they'll make Battle Cat anytime soon at Sideshow, as there are a lot more characters that'd do better in this form. If they did though, I think it'd be insane! A realistic green tiger with armor on it? It'd be nuts! I'm not sure I'd get it regardless, but it'd be crazy! Even if they were in the same scale, I think the PCS version would look out of place/odd alongside the realistic version of He-Man.

I'm eager to see them go up, if not just to find out the pricing. I'm honestly not sure how many things I was expecting to love from SDCC, but I don't think I was expecting three pieces I'd want to PO right away. I'll have to make up a list of everything coming out that I'd like, and see how it all breaks down.

On the PLUS side, the damage has been done! Now it's just a matter of seeing more pictures and videos of these three. I don't know if anything else can sway me that hasn't been shown yet!

I doubt they'll make Battle Cat anytime soon at Sideshow, as there are a lot more characters that'd do better in this form. If they did though, I think it'd be insane! A realistic green tiger with armor on it? It'd be nuts! I'm not sure I'd get it regardless, but it'd be crazy! Even if they were in the same scale, I think the PCS version would look out of place/odd alongside the realistic version of He-Man.

I'm eager to see them go up, if not just to find out the pricing. I'm honestly not sure how many things I was expecting to love from SDCC, but I don't think I was expecting three pieces I'd want to PO right away. I'll have to make up a list of everything coming out that I'd like, and see how it all breaks down.

On the PLUS side, the damage has been done! Now it's just a matter of seeing more pictures and videos of these three. I don't know if anything else can sway me that hasn't been shown yet!
Unless the didnt unveil everything yet :monkey3:

I think the PCS version would look out of place/odd alongside the realistic version of He-Man.
Really? I think their battlecat looks just as realistic as Sideshow's He-Man. The PCS He-Man on the other hand still has some soft, cartoony details IMO.

I think the Battlecat is more realistic than their He-Man. The He-Man still retained a lot of cartoony detail to me as well. Battlecat could work with the Sideshow if they weren't different scales.

I think the Battlecat is more realistic than their He-Man. The He-Man still retained a lot of cartoony detail to me as well. Battlecat could work with the Sideshow if they weren't different scales.
My exact thoughts. :goodpost:

I think it looked really good...I guess it's just the mask that throws it for me. I always remembered his mask being...meaner! Like, he was a badass Cat! Now when I see it, it looks so, docile. :lol It's not their fault either! I even looked up the old cartoon and saw that his armored helm looked mleh. Without the mask, the sculpt is great!!

I just don't think Sideshow will jump on something like that for a while. I think there are too many characters to bring forward before something that many would likely find...unnecessary. Or, maybe that's the wrong word, but just not a "must buy."

For those not looking elsewhere...and it's not like it's hard on the eyes even if you have. :lol

11214339_890089267704337_3416493854675699283_n.jpg

11667527_890089337704330_2282557751135673974_n.jpg

11011242_969243896453742_4942568378716320764_n.jpg

11012186_890089571037640_4386476473856661795_n.jpg

Really? I think their battlecat looks just as realistic as Sideshow's He-Man. The PCS He-Man on the other hand still has some soft, cartoony details IMO.

My understanding is that PCS was shooting for a more realistic version of the toys. Probably why they still seem a little animated but also probably why I liked em so well- I played the heck out of those things... the heck lol

Back