Sideshow Rhino Comiquette - Link to Regular in 1st post.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know Sideshow has figure out how to cut costs and pass that onto the consumer, (at 400 bucks it doesn't seem like it though) and I'll be holding onto my Rhinos for a while, I just hope if and at some point Planet Hulk comes he doesn't have issues like this. Fingers crossed...

Yes or the pricy galactus.

Yes or the pricy galactus.

Yes, Galactus. RWOS, Coanan dio... list goes on.
If Galactus turns out well I'd say it's worth every penny.
Gotta love this hobby, or else you'd go crazy sometimes.

Looks like it could be a nasty cycle. The more statues that get returned or partial refunds eat into SS profits. We can expect that cost to get returned to us on future statues as the prices will continue to rise.

Looks like it could be a nasty cycle. The more statues that get returned or partial refunds eat into SS profits. We can expect that cost to get returned to us on future statues as the prices will continue to rise.

I can't eat too many 400.00 statues. That's a lot of dough. I suspect they go to much higher they will price themselves out of business. I know they will loose me.

I can't eat too many 400.00 statues. That's a lot of dough. I suspect they go to much higher they will price themselves out of business. I know they will loose me.

Same here, I enjoy what I get but not at these prices if problems like this continue. I'd rather throw that kind of money at my car knowing at some point it'll pay off and not fall apart.

Same here, I enjoy what I get but not at these prices if problems like this continue. I'd rather throw that kind of money at my car knowing at some point it'll pay off and not fall apart.

LOL! EVERY car starts to fall apart sooner or later. It's just a matter of time. That's why you have to buy a new car after a decade or so if you are lucky to have one last that long.

Statues falling apart are unacceptable. When they are made with quality, they should last. Nobody wants to drop $400 a pop and worry whether or not a statue will develop cracks in it. SSC pieces stood on their quality not that long ago. These pieces were pure polystone and heavy as hell. Sadly, that is not the case anymore. Especially with their larger pieces (Hulk, Rhino, Galactus). I can understand that a few of these pieces can't be solid. However, a statue that is as large as Rhino & the Hulk should at least weigh 30 lbs. This way they are not eggshell thin and we won't have to worry about all the possible cracking issues that are popping up with Rhino.

I don't expect these types of pieces to weigh 60 lbs (which they easily would if they were solid) but meet us half way. 30 lbs and a thicker shell would hopefully solve the cracking problem and still save SSC's bottom line. SSC has to worry about their reputation if they skimp on materials to save on costs and many of these eggshell statues start to develop cracks over time. I think the Hulk Comiquette is a good example of an acceptable compromise. Good weight (30 lbs) with hollow parts and no cracking. It feels solid when handled and I'm not afraid of QC issues developing.

LOL! EVERY car starts to fall apart sooner or later. It's just a matter of time. That's why you have to buy a new car after a decade or so if you are lucky to have one last that long.

Statues falling apart are unacceptable. When they are made with quality, they should last. Nobody wants to drop $400 a pop and worry whether or not a statue will develop cracks in it. SSC pieces stood on their quality not that long ago. These pieces were pure polystone and heavy as hell. Sadly, that is not the case anymore. Especially with their larger pieces (Hulk, Rhino, Galactus). I can understand that a few of these pieces can't be solid. However, a statue that is as large as Rhino & the Hulk should at least weigh 30 lbs. This way they are not eggshell thin and we won't have to worry about all the possible cracking issues that are popping up with Rhino.

I don't expect these types of pieces to weigh 60 lbs (which they easily would if they were solid) but meet us half way. 30 lbs and a thicker shell would hopefully solve the cracking problem and still save SSC's bottom line. SSC has to worry about their reputation if they skimp on materials to save on costs and many of these eggshell statues start to develop cracks over time. I think the Hulk Comiquette is a good example of an acceptable compromise. Good weight (30 lbs) with hollow parts and no cracking. It feels solid when handled and I'm not afraid of QC issues developing.

:goodpost:

Jennifer sent me an email saying she was forwarded pics of hand to return dept

Damn paint chip

The car I was referring to is a late 60s muscle car I'm restoring. Any car new or old needs regular maintenance and as long as you take care of it, it should last.

I compared Rhino to my Thing PF and hes more massive but way lighter. Had Rhino been more like that, I think there would have been fewer QC problems and I don't think Ben is over 30lbs. More like Hulk com, though I do not own that one.
Price of gas raises everything, less weight less freight.

Well got mine yesterday and while it is very light for my tastes, I know it really doesn't matter, but this one is by far WAY to light for the size of him imo. he had the usual cracks on his back.

TBO these forums must piss off SSC, cause if it weren't for reading about it on here i honestly don't know if i would of even noticed them...:dunno

Well got mine yesterday and while it is very light for my tastes, I know it really doesn't matter, but this one is by far WAY to light for the size of him imo. he had the usual cracks on his back.

TBO these forums must piss off SSC, cause if it weren't for reading about it on here i honestly don't know if i would of even noticed them...:dunno

:rotfl :lol... :exactly: yes I find 99% of the issues on here that I otherwise would not noticed. Thanks to all the great family members here. You all catch everything. :wink1:

update: just swap out my alternate head and while the Ex. head has some minor gap seams, which we've all grown to accept, my Reg head is horrible.

update: just swap out my alternate head and while the Ex. head has some minor gap seams, which we've all grown to accept, my Reg head is horrible.

Mines both have the big seams as well. But I never worried too much about them. As long as there's no damage or if it's not like horrible spider womans shoulders sticking up. :rotfl that's was crazy. Don't get me wrong sw is still my best of the year pick, I'm just saying the one a member recieved was really bad.

30sfvkj.jpg

24xl3zs.jpg

3531ea0.jpg

while I've seen large gaps on many of my statues, most are livable or not noticeable the way they're displayed, but this is just horrible imo and the other head fits almost perfect.

30sfvkj.jpg

24xl3zs.jpg

3531ea0.jpg

while I've seen large gaps on many of my statues, most are livable or not noticeable the way they're displayed, but this is just horrible imo and the other head fits almost perfect.

see thats why i told you i m not going to regret for canceling rhino....

30sfvkj.jpg

24xl3zs.jpg

3531ea0.jpg

Wow ok that's a big seam. I never knew it was that big. Mine are no where near big. (please no she said joke here) :rotfl

Back