Sideshow Quality Control..is this what to expect in the future??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natrix

Super Freak
Reaction score
Seriously, this is getting ridiculous...After waiting for months, they can't even get a decent replacements after the shoddy quality control the first time around. So now they are selling known damaged goods to try and recoup some money? I am left with no real alternative to add this to my collection anymore.

When is Sideshow going to do something to improve on the Quality Control??

For what the collectors pay for these fairly limited collectibles, is it too much to ask for a piece that isn't flawed or damaged?

Or is this the sign of the future, selling damaged goods at a reduced cost and the hell with the collectors...:confused:

Dear Collector,

We wanted to take this opportunity to e-mail you about your replacement order for the Iron Man Exclusive Bust (#29371). Replacements for this item have arrived and were thoroughly inspected.

The Iron Man Exclusive Busts (#29371) replacement arrived to us with mild to medium paint flaws. Flaws that could be expected in the medium to mild range would be small spots, scuffs, scratches, etc. If you are the type of collector that is not concerned with mint packaging or with minor paint flaws on their item, then we may be able to assist you in acquiring one of these items for your collection at a significant discount.

Since these items would be considered to be distressed, they are available to purchase on a first come, first serve basis for $xxx each, which is almost a xx% savings from the original retail price of $199.99. We will attempt to select the best item for you from those available, but will not be able to offer you choices. Any of these imperfect items purchased will be considered non-returnable/refundable for paint flaws or packaging damages.

First, let me say that sucks because you should get a proper replacement. Second, I'll take it if you don't want it. Seriously.

the things is, mostly everyone returned their IM bust for replacement. The question now is, will they take the discounted price ??

glad mine only have really minor black smudges. And to think I was selling it for cost not too long ago :lol

This is why I won't presell my Stealth Iron Man. They seem to have issues with those metallic paint jobs.

All I can say is that I hope future figures like Old Ben and the Palpatine pack are indivually inspected and given the OK with the guy's name on it so they know who to send to the eye doctor if something looks sloppy. Paint is Sideshow's one weakness. It is very hit or miss.

The worst thing that can happen to a company that sells quality collectables....Is the word "quality" becoming not so important to them...I am not saying that Sideshow is going down that path, all 3 statues I have gotten from them direct have been, to me anyway, flawless. But, as with every company I suppose, some people have problems...

I hope they get sorted out for you.:D

The problem with Quality Control is subjectivity. What they might consider to be "ok" could be construed as unacceptable to collectors. I think they acknowledged the imperfections on these Iron Man busts as something that would detract from the general perceived quality but not something that would be considered a complete loss to their production which is why they are offering them at a discounted rate. It sucks for the collector who demands perfection and deserves the highest possible quality which is not always possible to achieve though they should always strive to achieve the highest quality standards possible. To fall short of expectations or to not attempt to meet those standards is only doing a disservice to their customers.

quality control is next to impossible when your factories are half a world away. sideshow america isn't putting these together themselves and they certainly can't inspect every single item that passes through their warehouse.

there comes a point in time when you have to accept the situation and decide if you can live with the flaws. every item i own from every company, if scrutinized enough, will present imperfections. but exactly what in life is 100% perfect?

except alba's behind, but i guarantee, that will change one day too.

I dont think this is rocket science.... All Sideshow has to do is look into designing the packaging to better accommodate the products. Or perhaps even wrapping the products in double or triple layer of that foam material to help prevent the paint rubbing against the Styrofoam housing, instead of just one thin layer.

You really would not think this is the case with a company like this. Are they getting too big ?

I'd say when you have one person running the whole returns department by herself and it takes 7 days just to answer your emails, yes they are getting a bit too big for the staff they have...

I'd say when you have one person running the whole returns department by herself and it takes 7 days just to answer your emails, yes they are getting a bit too big for the staff they have...

I think they have at least 2.:lol:lol:lol I got an email from someone other than Inthia on my Shin Akuma return.

Yeah I sent a email to a Sideshow person and have yet to get a reply. This was almost a week ago.

I know they are busy, but that isn't very convenient for us.

I spent 400+ on this one piece in shipping and duties and I can't even get a email replied within a week? Very disappointed.

I know they are swamped with returns right now so be patient. Took me over a week to get a reply but they WILL get to you. But what does that say about quality control when they are being inundated with returns? I sent back my Darth Sidious from SDCC because it was defective.

well at least they went from 1 person to 3 people. I think they are overachieving now. :monkey5

What they need to do is hire me as their QC Manager but then you b!tches would never get your stuff because I'd reject almost everything. :D

What they need to do is hire me as their QC Manager but then you b!tches would never get your stuff because I'd reject almost everything. :D

:lol:lol:lol
They would need new stickers though. They would have a picture of you, giving the thumbs up sign with the caption: "This product did not rape my childhood, enjoy."

Funny thing about the time issues. I called Sideshow last week about my Shin Akuma and they told me it would probably be 10 days before they got back to me. The next day I was sent an email with a return label. Of course it could have been due to do with the fact that I asked for a refund instead of a replacement.

:lol:lol:lol
They would need new stickers though. They would have a picture of you, giving the thumbs up sign with the caption: "This product did not rape my childhood, enjoy."

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

That's hilarious! What this board needs is an Ebert & Roeper of action figure collectibles!

Back