Premium Format Sideshow Psylocke PF..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Psylocke PF.. Order now, link to buy in 1st post. Support the board!.

I wouldn't even give it credit to looking like an Asian woman. Someone earlier mentioned it looks like an exaggerated portrait of an Asian. I agree. In fact, it looks like one of those stereotypical WWII Japanese mockeries from war propaganda. It's insulting to Asian women and at the core does NOT look like Psylocke.

Jedah, it's almost as if the same artist who sculpted the comiquette did the revisions on this PF.

Dude chillax...you are encroaching on insulting a talented and well respected artist. I don't think borderline calling someone a racist for their interpretation if a COMIC BOOK CHARACTER is necessary at all. If you don't like, don't buy it. And I'm fairly certain the same artist DID NOT do the comiquette.

I wouldn't even give it credit to looking like an Asian woman. Someone earlier mentioned it looks like an exaggerated portrait of an Asian. I agree. In fact, it looks like one of those stereotypical WWII Japanese mockeries from war propaganda. It's insulting to Asian women and at the core does NOT look like Psylocke.

Jedah, it's almost as if the same artist who sculpted the comiquette did the revisions on this PF.

I think it looks like a distorted Asian woman. It looks like a stylized Asian woman villain character. It doesn't quite look like a real woman to me, be it Asian or otherwise.
I would not go so far as to say that it insults Asian women, though, although an Asian woman could certainly post here and say that it does.

I actually like the Comiquette. It does not look like Psylocke for sure, but it does still look like a beautiful interesting looking Asian woman. Initially I was disappointed by the Comiquette because it lacked the real Psylocke likeness, but then I saw it as a nice art piece.
That said, with the PF, I think it is time we had a statue that actually looks like the character. While it would be nice to have another nice Asian woman statue, I simply can't devote the space, nor the funds to one when I need space for a correct looking Psylocke.
This one needs to be RIGHT, Sideshow, because I don't want to buy ANOTHER Psylocke PF. I have waited long enough for a good one, and I don't care for this very inappropriately stylized EX portrait, and I am disgruntled about the bait and switch.

Oh snap. Wait wait wait. I see what they did. In my previous comment they where based on the original heads...WTF is this? I have to aggree these are horrible. They look to....asian. She is an amagalamation of an anglo and asian. Did they say why they did this? Oh please SSC bring back the Jim Lee heads. This is what I want to go with my Rogue EX.

yea but cyclops should be in on this too...

So should Wolverine but I'm guessing their bases threw off the pics too much. Why if they were going for Jim Lee inspired they'd throw specialized bases in for some characters I'll never know.

this looks like crap, glad i didnt put down the nrd for a po.

i am being very careful now over the marvel pieces, it seems ss is trying to one up themselves to find different ways to destroy their statue.

Crap, what am I gonna do now. Should've stop with Gambit and Rogue. I guess maybe I can flip it a year later.

Considering cancelling, I'm on the side of the debate that it looks like a 50's stereotype of an asian. But to each their own.

I think all the head looked good to me in their own way. Especially the portrait with all the attitude. Plus with the newer heads at least they took a lot of the notice-ability of the seams around her neck away.

Anybody getting the exclusive and not want the art print? Please LMK...

I miss the old EX portrait. Glad there's no temptation on this one no more.

So should Wolverine but I'm guessing their bases threw off the pics too much. Why if they were going for Jim Lee inspired they'd throw specialized bases in for some characters I'll never know.

Sorry but wolverine is already a companion piece with sabretooth. You don't see him in there even in the rogue gallery. Might be a slim chance will get another wolverine for this line.

I'm sorry I must have missed the comic issue that Psylocke had his transgender surgery lmao.

Need to see the reg head in natural light.

I do wish though that if Sideshow wanted to change up the prototypes (especially for top tier license they hold). They should have something like a poll on there website and make a decision from there, before finalizing production runs. Of course so many would have to vote before the votes could be taken into consideration for final product look.

Whatcha smokin'? :dance

... and more importantly; why aren't you sharing? :monkey3

Granted, I don't think that the regular is all that bad, but that exclusive head is waaaay off. And, that was the one that really was supposed to representative of 90's Jim Lee.

Different stroke for different folks i guess. We'll see once this get released.
I do wish SS kept the old EX head also.

Sorry but wolverine is already a companion piece with sabretooth. You don't see him in there even in the rogue gallery. Might be a slim chance will get another wolverine for this line.

Thank you for that and missing the point entirely of the fact that Jim Lee's X-Men run included both Wolverine and Cyclops and integral parts of the team.

tumblr_lt2t1st91b1r0ojhto1_500.gif

As for another Wolverine, Jim Lee traditionally drew him in yellow throughout his run but there were times where he did draw him in Orange and Brown throughout his tenure.

tumblr_kspdz8uyB31qa4z9oo1_500.jpg

logan%20jim%20lee.jpg

jimleexmen-small.jpg

There has been rumors of an Orange suited Wolverine since the Yellow debuted, some even sure it'd be a variant of the existing. There is a chance that we will see the Orange Wolverine PF that has been rumored done on the standard X base (I doubt they'd change the sculpt at all) to go with this grouping.

Now Cyclops that is a headscratcher as it doesn't really seem to go with anything...

Thank you for that and missing the point entirely of the fact that Jim Lee's X-Men run included both Wolverine and Cyclops and integral parts of the team.

There has been rumors of an Orange suited Wolverine since the Yellow debuted, some even sure it'd be a variant of the existing. There is a chance that we will see the Orange Wolverine PF that has been rumored done on the standard X base (I doubt they'd change the sculpt at all) to go with this grouping.

Now Cyclops that is a headscratcher as it doesn't really seem to go with anything...

Maybe it'll be a companion piece to the Magneto PF that be rumored to be come sometime soon.

Maybe it'll be a companion piece to the Magneto PF that be rumored to be come sometime soon.

The thing is he is pointed upwards. So Magneto would have to be fairly tall to pull that off, unless it's like the Cap/Red Skull where you could theoretically put them on different shelves...isn't the Magneto helmet on the back of that base?

I'm kinda hoping that Jean will be on a rocky base as well. I plan on displaying her and Cyke together.

I actually hope not, the more on the X Base the better because they can cluster together. Cyclops could pass behind them all although Wolvie is a bit more difficult.

The thing is he is pointed upwards. So Magneto would have to be fairly tall to pull that off, unless it's like the Cap/Red Skull where you could theoretically put them on different shelves...isn't the Magneto helmet on the back of that base?

I know that a lot of collectors want the same red "X" base for the Jim Lee run, but once again it all comes down to how you display you statues.

You can either have them bookend the setup, or in front leading the setup. That would work since the two of them are like the defacto leader of the squad. Something a little similar to what I had set up here...

Rogue-X-Posse-M.jpg

They all work in displaying harmony (especially all the poses) just have to figure out a way to best incorporate the different bases.

Back