Sideshow Premium Art Prints Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow Announcing new Premium Art Prints collection

I just checked both framed and unframed and it didn’t show waitlisted for me.

View attachment 382367

Definitely a miscommunication, :lol I totally thought you were talking about the trinity as someone was responding to my trinity comment. Didn't mean to mislead you.

Anyone get the framed Dinosauria print?

7a3f66395156423a1d1394ee59a0a199.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome managed to order the Thanos print off popcultcha they just got it on their site.

Definitely a miscommunication, :lol I totally thought you were talking about the trinity as someone was responding to my trinity comment. Didn't mean to mislead you.

Ok, gotcha

Me either. I don’t like art like that. With the character taking up the whole canvas with barely any backdrop. Would be cooler if there was more going on in the print.

Me either. I don’t like art like that. With the character taking up the whole canvas with barely any backdrop. Would be cooler if there was more going on in the print.

Agree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, I can't believe Mark Brooks latest print, Spider-verse, is $125 unframed. Sideshow's initial pricing for their Premium Print line, which was $69.99-$79.99, was definitely far more reasonable than their current prices. This line of prints is just too expensive. These prints should really be $69.99 tops, especially the one's that still have fake signatures. I understand why prints from Olivia de Berardinis are more expensive as she is really a pin up artist and prints from high end pin up artists definitely sell for higher prices than prints from high end comic artists.

All in all, Sideshow's Premium Print line has been a really nice line of prints up to this point, at least in regards to the overall design of the prints, the quality of the paper & ink, and most importantly, the quality of the artwork itself. IMO, the artwork itself has just gotten better and better as time has gone on. The Universal Monsters set by Alex Ross was one of the nicest sets of prints I have seen in a very long time, but the price was just way too high. Not to mention, the fake signatures remain an ongoing issue with many of Sideshow's prints and $90 to $125 is just too high for 18" x 24" limited digital giclee prints. Had Sideshow gone with real signatures from the get go and priced the prints in the $60-$70 range, I likely would have purchased most of the prints released to date.

Oh well, it is what it is. As long as the demand is there and Sideshow continues to sell out with all of their prints....well, even tho I personally disagree with thier overall print model and their overall pricing level, its pretty hard to make a case against them given the overall level of success they have had to date with this line. I recently threw in the towel for limited edition giclee prints so it really doesn't effect me one way or the other anymore, even tho I really do LOVE a lot of the artwork that has being released in Sideshow's Premium Print line to date. Unfortunately, the limited edition giclee market has just become absolutely flooded in the last couple of years (a massive understatement). There are so many LE giclee prints being produced now its next to impossible even trying to keep up with all of them. So the chances that these prints, and many of the other limited edition giclee prints being released out there3, will actually wind up holding their value or actually wind up increasing in value over the long haul is pretty much slim to none. So I decided to go back to buying original prints only when it comes to limited editions. I'll still buy open edition giclee prints as long as there's a really great sale. Zazzle's yearly 75% off sale is a perfect example. I love taking all of my favorite space related pictures taken over the last year, from sites like NASA or Hubble, and having really high quality giclee prints made on Zazzle's archival canvas paper. All of those space pictures are open domain so your allowed to make prints from them and they usually have really high quality TIFF files available for download, some as big as 100-250+ MB is size. 13x19 archival canvas prints from Zazzle during their 75% off sale only cost roughly $5-$6 a pop. And the quality is pretty impressive. I usually wind up ordering like 50 space prints each year during that big Zazzle sale, plus a bunch of other prints I wind up discovering on that site.

I actually just received one of my big NASA print orders from Zazzle a couple days back and it had one of the most beautiful space prints I have purchased to date. Its a picture of the Earth with a big moonscape in the foreground. Here is the pic and it looks amazing in person on Zazzle's archival canvas paper. I always shrink the image size down once in order to get a white border. A white border is an absolute must in my book. And the 2nd pic shows he texture you get with Zazzle's archival canvas paper.

NASA.jpg

Nasa_2.jpg

Another WW from Olivia i might have to collect. Will order it on popcultcha with pennies for $50 off :).

My issue with the new Olivia print is that it's based off the movie poster which you can buy on eBay at $15-$30. Not very creative on her part. Why spend hundreds of dollars when you can get it for a fraction of the price.

9r63qh.jpg

It's not the same thing though - if you zoom in you can see the artistry. All prints will use something as a starting point

I think her previous WW prints were also based on photos, it's basically her own painted version of it.

Yep, getting both the WW and Wolverine prints.

I think I'll be cancelling the Thanos print for this one.

Back