Sideshow Premium Art Prints Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow Announcing new Premium Art Prints collection

My issue with the new Olivia print is that it's based off the movie poster which you can buy on eBay at $15-$30. Not very creative on her part. Why spend hundreds of dollars when you can get it for a fraction of the price.

9r63qh.jpg

From what I remember in a Sideshow Live interview she mentioned that they only give her a few promotional images to work with, especially before a film is released. I imagine the creative process takes some time and she may have had this done closer to when the first one was done, which was before/as the film was released. SS decided to release sequentially (guess on my part), so that's why we're seeing art so close to the promotional photos that they would have all ready for making the general merch with the film release.

How many wonder woman prints is she going to do?? Did not expect another one. Did the last one even sell out? Dont get me wrong it looks nice but she be milking that gravy train.

Her first WW print had an es of 275 which sold out her second one had an es of 400 it didn't sell out though it is on "low stock remaining" on the sideshow website.

My issue with the new Olivia print is that it's based off the movie poster which you can buy on eBay at $15-$30. Not very creative on her part. Why spend hundreds of dollars when you can get it for a fraction of the price.

Because eBay knockoffs are lame

This are dual side posters which are 27"x40". No knockoff here....but beware of the Silk versions...

I bought a silk version BVS 11x17 poster and it was one of the worst things i ever bought. Lucky it was only $8aud.

Dual side posters are normally cinema or studio promoting posters. I have a couple of the DCEU posters including a spare JL which has some slight bends here and there due to promoting it at my shop. I am going to buy top loaders to protect them for next time.

I bought a silk version BVS 11x17 poster and it was one of the worst things i ever bought. Lucky it was only $8aud.

Dual side posters are normally cinema or studio promoting posters. I have a couple of the DCEU posters including a spare JL which has some slight bends here and there due to promoting it at my shop. I am going to buy top loaders to protect them for next time.

They sell top loaders for posters? Where can we get those?

I think I'm going to fold and get the Wolverine print. :D

This are dual side posters which are 27"x40". No knockoff here....but beware of the Silk versions...

While there are plenty of legit double sided movie poster sellers; There are a lot of knockoff DS posters on eBay.

While there are plenty of legit double sided movie poster sellers; There are a lot of knockoff DS posters on eBay.

How can you tell the knockoffs?

How can you tell the knockoffs?

Unfortunately it isn't easy to tell when all you have is an eBay seller using stock photos.

I received a DS poster and the quality was really bad. I had eBay and Paypal refund my money after I filed a dispute.

Nice. How do you safely put a poster in there? I could imagine it might be a nightmare to carefully slide/slip the poster through.

You have to open them up stick your hand in and give it a good stretch open. Then when you put the print in don't open the toploader that much because the more you open it the less width you have.

I recommend practice on a piece you dont care about to learn the trick on how to get them in there safely, there is a technique.

You have to open them up stick your hand in and give it a good stretch open. Then when you put the print in don't open the toploader that much because the more you open it the less width you have.

I recommend practice on a piece you dont care about to learn the trick on how to get them in there safely, there is a technique.

I guess practice makes perfect. I would be very afraid since posters are somewhat flimsy compared to art prints, wouldn't want to make creases while trying to force it in. Do you flatten out the posters first if they've been rolled up, or can you slip it in right off the roll?

I guess practice makes perfect. I would be very afraid since posters are somewhat flimsy compared to art prints, wouldn't want to make creases while trying to force it in. Do you flatten out the posters first if they've been rolled up, or can you slip it in right off the roll?

Much easier when flattened. I haven't put posters in the larger sizes yet but i am sure they would be fine. Having 2 people one to open it and another to place it in would make life much easier.

Edit: I also ordered the 20x24 inch toplaoders i had to order a pack of 25 which i am fine with they are big enough to store the sideshow prints (with postage they where around $8 each). My 18x24 art portfolio does not fit the sideshow prints.

I haven't seen any DS knockoffs. Cost more to print if it was KO....

By the way, how's it been Mark.:wave it's been a while. Hope everything is great with yah

Do you know if the posters from this seller are authentic?

https://stores.ebay.com/magicalposter/

I haven't seen any DS knockoffs. Cost more to print if it was KO....

Not if they come from China. :lol

That's one way to know if the poster is a KO.

By the way, how's it been Mark.:wave it's been a while. Hope everything is great with yah

I've been fine, brother. I hope things are good in your neck of the woods! :duff

Just a heads up the BCW 20x24 inch toploader fit the sideshow art prints nicely. I got Olivia's Harley and WW in there already and im going to put both my avengers prints in there tonight (1 toploader each print). It's a shame art portfolio hasn't made a 20x24 size.

Back