Sideshow Premium Art Prints Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow Announcing new Premium Art Prints collection

Forgot I ordered this, fedex man shows up and I'm all "For me?" when he arrives at the door, then I see the tube and recognize it:
6BAAcbo.jpg

Just received my WW framed print.
It's stunning. First framed print, can't wait for the trinity now.

Received my Cleopsis today and I really like it, favorite print so far.

I accidentally touched it with my finger, just barely, and it left a smudge/print. So I tried gently wiping it off with a piece of clothing and it just smeared the smudge.

So I've dropped $104 on something that is now ****ing ruined, because I simply ****ing touched it.

Anyone have any advice on how to remove the smudge?

I do not but sorry to hear. That sucks big time.

I do not but sorry to hear. That sucks big time.

Thanks for the concern. It does suck. I can live with small flaws or inconsistencies on statues, but not on art prints.

I'm going to try a few more methods to remove it myself, though it seems like anything that I touch it with just makes it worse. If I can't remove it I'm going to see how much a professional would charge to do so. If that's too costly I'll try for a replacement but I doubt I will get one considering its been on wait list for so long.

Thanks for the concern. It does suck. I can live with small flaws or inconsistencies on statues, but not on art prints.

I'm going to try a few more methods to remove it myself, though it seems like anything that I touch it with just makes it worse. If I can't remove it I'm going to see how much a professional would charge to do so. If that's too costly I'll try for a replacement but I doubt I will get one considering its been on wait list for so long.

Sorry to hear man. Hope you're able to find someone to fix it! I'd actually look into that before trying it again yourself and making it worse. Can you post any pictures of it? Were your hands not clean? Just oils? Seems crazy that it'd be so easy to smudge!

I'm going to be taking my Daredevil print to get a custom frame when it arrives...makes me wonder if I should just leave it in the tube and just open it there when they're making the frame.

Sorry to hear man. Hope you're able to find someone to fix it! I'd actually look into that before trying it again yourself and making it worse. Can you post any pictures of it? Were your hands not clean? Just oils? Seems crazy that it'd be so easy to smudge!
Yeah, my hands were clean. I don't think it was even the oil from my skin. It's strange, it's as if any object that touches it leaves a light print. Out of curiosity, I put on a thin glove and lightly poked it and even that left a tiny print. I have no idea why it's so sensitive to...everything, but I know I'll be extra careful from now on, even though I already am extra careful when handling these.

I would take a picture but I went ahead and rolled it back up in the tube. I'm going to contact someone tomorrow who works with museum artifacts and see what they suggest.

It really is a beautiful print. I didn't expect to like it this much.

I'm going to be taking my Daredevil print to get a custom frame when it arrives...makes me wonder if I should just leave it in the tube and just open it there when they're making the frame.
I would worry too much about it already having damage, you know how Sideshow's QC is. I inspect everything I order from SS asap. That being said, I haven't received any damaged prints from them so far.

When I touch the white border of the print, there are no marks left. So I think it just has something to do with the ink. As long as you avoid the main part I imagine you'll be fine. Plus it seems that I'm the only one having this problem.

that's the problem with the Giclee prints. you cannot touch them. if you try anything else it will only make it worse. I actually just cancelled my preorder of the framed version of her. I don't have the wall space anymore.

Received my Cleopsis today and I really like it, favorite print so far.

I accidentally touched it with my finger, just barely, and it left a smudge/print. So I tried gently wiping it off with a piece of clothing and it just smeared the smudge.

So I've dropped $104 on something that is now ****ing ruined, because I simply ****ing touched it.

Anyone have any advice on how to remove the smudge?

You should do that, but let them know that it is a giclee print and that they shouldn't touch the printed area

Yeah, my hands were clean. I don't think it was even the oil from my skin. It's strange, it's as if any object that touches it leaves a light print. Out of curiosity, I put on a thin glove and lightly poked it and even that left a tiny print. I have no idea why it's so sensitive to...everything, but I know I'll be extra careful from now on, even though I already am extra careful when handling these.

I would take a picture but I went ahead and rolled it back up in the tube. I'm going to contact someone tomorrow who works with museum artifacts and see what they suggest.

It really is a beautiful print. I didn't expect to like it this much.

I would worry too much about it already having damage, you know how Sideshow's QC is. I inspect everything I order from SS asap. That being said, I haven't received any damaged prints from them so far.

When I touch the white border of the print, there are no marks left. So I think it just has something to do with the ink. As long as you avoid the main part I imagine you'll be fine. Plus it seems that I'm the only one having this problem.

Well I hope it gets sorted out man. Harsh lesson learned, but hopefully it's in an area that's not completely distracting.

You should do that, but let them know that it is a giclee print and that they shouldn't touch the printed area

Yeah, that's a good call. Hopefully they'll be competent enough to listen to said advice! :lol I'm sure they will though...I mean, it's part of a giant crafts store, but if you work with custom framing, odds are you know not to touch the print itself.

I met with a Conservator today and showed her the print. She was very surprised at how fragile it was. She tried using the slightest edge of a magic rub eraser, just barely, and some of the ink came off onto it. She said that there's likely no way to rid the print of the smudges/marks unless you actually go in and touch it up yourself with pastel/charcoal which she said would be a very difficult process.

She said the ink so loosely adhered to the surface of the paper that it was like a pastel. She said that either the quality of the ink was bad, that type of ink should not have been used on that paper, or a fixative should have been applied to the print.

All in all she thought the print itself looked good, but the quality and methods that were used in printing it were very unprofessional.

Sideshow strikes again. I better get a refund for this. I'm not sure if I'll keep my current art print pre-orders or ever order any more. Seems like too much of a risk. It's a shame since I really wanted that Daredevil print.

By the way Golden_Boy, she told me that if I were to order any more I should definitely get them framed right away, and make sure the frame never touches the print, just so you know.

UGGG thats depressing Xeno. Lets hope it was a bad batch.

I met with a Conservator today and showed her the print. She was very surprised at how fragile it was. She tried using the slightest edge of a magic rub eraser, just barely, and some of the ink came off onto it. She said that there's likely no way to rid the print of the smudges/marks unless you actually go in and touch it up yourself with pastel/charcoal which she said would be a very difficult process.

She said the ink so loosely adhered to the surface of the paper that it was like a pastel. She said that either the quality of the ink was bad, that type of ink should not have been used on that paper, or a fixative should have been applied to the print.

All in all she thought the print itself looked good, but the quality and methods that were used in printing it were very unprofessional.

Sideshow strikes again. I better get a refund for this. I'm not sure if I'll keep my current art print pre-orders or ever order any more. Seems like too much of a risk. It's a shame since I really wanted that Daredevil print.

Damn, first off bro, sorry to hear that. Sucks especially since they do look great and all.

I just got conversions for Vampirella and Batman, but I may cancel all my print orders. Kind of sucks, but hey; no need to go through hassles.

Hopefully SS will get you covered on that.

That sucks Xeno. I haven't touched any of the prints except for the border so I had no idea that could happen. I've never had a print do that so something is really wrong with how SS is producing these if that can happen.

I found out my waitlist for Vampirella converted, though the idea that these prints can be damaged so easily is making me rethink getting many more.

Would be nice to hear from a SS rep about the sensitivity of these giclees. I know they should be handled with care but good grief.

Back