Sideshow Premium Art Prints Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow Announcing new Premium Art Prints collection

I haven't had any problems with my Xiall, but I haven't touched that one. With how easily mine was screwed up, I can't believe no one else has had issues with them. Either people are too forgiving, or mine was just a bad one.

This really blows because the print is so beautiful. I just love the design and colors damnit.

It's going to be years before I get any of these framed, and that really concerns me now. I have them in a box with acid-free tissue sheets between each of them. I just hate knowing that if I press too hard on one, or I put something too heavy on it, it could be ruined and I'd be out of a great print and my money.

Would be nice to hear from a SS rep about the sensitivity of these giclees. I know they should be handled with care but good grief.
A "Don't ****ing touch them" warning in the description would be nice at the very least.

I haven't had any problems with my Xiall, but I haven't touched that one. With how easily mine was screwed up, I can't believe no one else has had issues with them. Either people are too forgiving, or mine was just a bad one.

This really blows because the print is so beautiful. I just love the design and colors damnit.

It's going to be years before I get any of these framed, and that really concerns me now. I have them in a box with acid-free tissue sheets between each of them. I just hate knowing that if I press too hard on one, or I put something too heavy on it, it could be ruined and I'd be out of a great print and my money.

A "Don't ****ing touch them" warning in the description would be nice at the very least.

Word.....

As a test, I've been doing it on my Psylocke print and I'm not experiencing the issues you are?
Mine is like a print...you know, an actual print that sticks onto the paper well.
Maybe yours was a production error?

As a test, I've been doing it on my Psylocke print and I'm not experiencing the issues you are?
Mine is like a print...you know, an actual print that sticks onto the paper well.
Maybe yours was a production error?
Interesting. I just checked both product descriptions and the specs are the same, so maybe there is just something wrong with mine or the Cleopsis prints in general.

After hearing Xeno's story I'm scared my Spider-Woman might mess up at the framers...

I met with a Conservator today and showed her the print. She was very surprised at how fragile it was. She tried using the slightest edge of a magic rub eraser, just barely, and some of the ink came off onto it. She said that there's likely no way to rid the print of the smudges/marks unless you actually go in and touch it up yourself with pastel/charcoal which she said would be a very difficult process.

She said the ink so loosely adhered to the surface of the paper that it was like a pastel. She said that either the quality of the ink was bad, that type of ink should not have been used on that paper, or a fixative should have been applied to the print.

All in all she thought the print itself looked good, but the quality and methods that were used in printing it were very unprofessional.

Sideshow strikes again. I better get a refund for this. I'm not sure if I'll keep my current art print pre-orders or ever order any more. Seems like too much of a risk. It's a shame since I really wanted that Daredevil print.

Sorry to hear that mate, did you get a response from Sideshow yet?

Interesting. I just checked both product descriptions and the specs are the same, so maybe there is just something wrong with mine or the Cleopsis prints in general.

My Cleopsis print is fine. I have pretty much every Sideshow print and I haven't had a problem with the ink on any of them. A UPS guy left one of my prints out in a storm. It got soaking wet and there still weren't any ink runs. I was rubbing the hell out of the print to check the severity of the damage and it didn't smudge at all. It was kinda crazy how well it dried out. You could hardly tell it ever got wet at all.

By the way Golden_Boy, she told me that if I were to order any more I should definitely get them framed right away, and make sure the frame never touches the print, just so you know.

Thanks for the heads up Xeno! :hi5:

Sorry to hear that your print seemed like a lemon. :( It sounds like some have received actual quality prints, and yours just came out of a poor batch. I'd be shocked if Sideshow pumped these out for that cost and made it so that they were so easily damaged. I mean, reading that some rubbed them feverishly is scary :lol; however, even if it's a sensitive printing, the slightest touch shouldn't destroy it.

Maybe they'll be able to swap it out for you? If not, hopefully you do get a refund as it sounds like it was a dud. I'll likely keep my Daredevil print and hope for the best. I'll also heed the advice of those who have told me to go and get it framed before I open it. Since I have nowhere to really store it between opening it and framing, bringing the tube with me without checking it is LIKELY the best course of action. I'd think it'd be extremely unlikely that there'd be any damage right out of the tube and into a frame.

How smoothly this one goes will be the key factor in whether or not I pick up another one down the road though!

Xenoburger, I'd try contacting SS and explain your situation to them. Maybe they'll allow you to exchange the damaged print. I've seen DarthChrisDK's video review of the Punisher print and I don't think the ink should be coming off that easily.

GoldenBoy, you can try sandwiching the print between the acid free paper lining and two foam core boards and tape it together. It'll be safe and flat when you have to bring it to the framers. Are you taking it to Michael's or a custom shop like Picture Frames & More?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I emailed Sideshow a few days ago, just waiting for a response.

Xenoburger, I'd try contacting SS and explain your situation to them. Maybe they'll allow you to exchange the damaged print. I've seen DarthChrisDK's video review of the Punisher print and I don't think the ink should be coming off that easily.

GoldenBoy, you can try sandwiching the print between the acid free paper lining and two foam core boards and tape it together. It'll be safe and flat when you have to bring it to the framers. Are you taking it to Michael's or a custom shop like Picture Frames & More?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Likely Michael's...not sure of any other places around me that'd do it. Plus, Michael's has huge custom framing sales all the time (granted, their sales quite often bring things down to their regular pricing! :lol)

I noticed that when I press something against the print now, it's much more difficult to leave a mark/smudge. It's almost like it needed time to dry or something. Weird.

I noticed that when I press something against the print now, it's much more difficult to leave a mark/smudge. It's almost like it needed time to dry or something. Weird.

Wouldn't surprise me, one of the tips to taking care of art prints is allow adequate drying time. Maybe SSC just printed it and shipped it out asap?

Framed Wonder Woman #105 is here

Grats, solid sounding number.

Anyone hoping for an art print of anyone in particular? Assuming they're done in a way that ends up personally appealing, of course! I'd say my top choice would be Machiko -- which is probably unlikely -- followed by the much more likely Spider-Man.

Sideshow Announcing new Premium Art Prints collection

Just got my Spiderwoman #141/250 back from the framers. My god they did a good job and the print itself is very very nice.
7cec0be86524f55f8c49f04a518e977e.jpg

Nice frame. Got charged for Daredevil today. Never got a processing notice though.

Back