Sideshow Premium Art Prints Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow Announcing new Premium Art Prints collection

Superman print looked pretty cool but I'm not feeling this Batman print, looks a bit boring and bland.... If I'm going to spend $250+ on a poster I want it to stand out not blend in...

So far I've gotten Poison Ivy, Snake Plissken and Supes... IMO they're the only ones that stand out (other then the CotD, those are cool looking but just not my thing).

Stout prints are just about the same

I think Stout is on another level compared to most of the artists doing the Sideshow prints though. Even Mondo prints are in the $55-65 range with smaller edition sizes and larger prints also.

Superman print looked pretty cool but I'm not feeling this Batman print, looks a bit boring and bland.... If I'm going to spend $250+ on a poster I want it to stand out not blend in...

So far I've gotten Poison Ivy, Snake Plissken and Supes... IMO they're the only ones that stand out (other then the CotD, those are cool looking but just not my thing).

Yeah, I can't quite put my finger on it but I have to pass on the Bat print. Maybe there will be another down the road. If not oh well.

No it isn't

I agree to disagree.

I cancelled The trinity batman. I don't like the cape flow and technically it's not even a trinity set because the artist is not the same as Superman and Wonder Woman. Keeping Vamp though.

Where to get those prints? Those usually sell out fast no?

Oh sorry, I meant the Stout and Mondo prints? There have always been many I've liked but I can never get them.

Yeah, I really hate the Mondo ordering process as I'm sure a lot of people do. However I think the quality of the art offered by Mondo is mostly superior to Sideshow, the prints are typically larger (24" x 36"), and the prices are lower (~$50-65 range) despite lower edition sizes.

Anyone know how much this Mondo print was retailed for, or how much its worth?

meyTBWqEDzlJsDOc0EvxUNQ.jpg

My wife liked this one, and I like the artist; however, am I just seeing things with her shoulder and head being way off center? The first time I saw it I thought it looked great, and I know she's supposed to have her right arm back behind her more, so it'll change the perspective a bit, but now it looks like the shoulder goes too far back, and it makes her head look off center. It's just one of those things that's nagging at me every time I look at it now! :lol

I mean, I may be completely wrong, as sometimes you just need to look at it in a new way and the issue will disappear (as odd as that sounds)...anyone able to see this in a way that I'm not that could help me unsee it?

preview_300300_vampirella.jpg

My wife liked this one, and I like the artist; however, am I just seeing things with her shoulder and head being way off center? The first time I saw it I thought it looked great, and I know she's supposed to have her right arm back behind her more, so it'll change the perspective a bit, but now it looks like the shoulder goes too far back, and it makes her head look off center. It's just one of those things that's nagging at me every time I look at it now! :lol

I mean, I may be completely wrong, as sometimes you just need to look at it in a new way and the issue will disappear (as odd as that sounds)...anyone able to see this in a way that I'm not that could help me unsee it?

You are correct... Now that you've mentioned it, I do see it. Looks like they used photo-shopping techniques, and mismatched the head pisition. It looks wrong with the way the shoulders and chest bare turned.

You are correct... Now that you've mentioned it, I do see it. Looks like they used photo-shopping techniques, and mismatched the head pisition. It looks wrong with the way the shoulders and chest bare turned.

the catwoman print suffers from this same problem. her left shoulder looks like its attached to her neck. bugs me everytime i look at it

Glad to know I'm not crazy. It's unfortunate too, as I do like the print and I'm sure the background would've looked great! But as Chus said, it likely would've driven me crazy every time I saw it. Probably for the best anyway!

Glad to know I'm not crazy. It's unfortunate too, as I do like the print and I'm sure the background would've looked great! But as Chus said, it likely would've driven me crazy every time I saw it. Probably for the best anyway!

It's very minor especially if you compare to the Batman cape which is completely incorrectly drawn. Now that would drive me crazy.

It's very minor especially if you compare to the Batman cape which is completely incorrectly drawn. Now that would drive me crazy.

Oh, I'm not saying it's a major issue...it's just something that'd drive me crazy personally. Anyone who can look past it wins in this case, as I believe it'll turn out to be a beautiful print!

The Batman cape doesn't matter to me at all... Just looks like the wind is blowing it around.

The Batman cape doesn't matter to me at all... Just looks like the wind is blowing it around.
accept the upper left side of the cape is too exaggerated. If that was not there, the print art would look fine.

Oh if it's wind blowing around it, the entire cape would be higher. The physics is way off.

Back