Statue Sideshow Polystone figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VGlorfindel

Freakalicious
Reaction score
I was too small to collect those perfect lines of Arwen, Strider/Aragorn, Boromir, Legolas, Gimli, Gandalf. But I have seen pictures and totally mesmerized. Anyone knows where I can buy them or find the slightest hint to get them these days? There were only I believe 1000 of each pieces around the world. I'm ready to save a lifetime to catch those

Are you talking about the Sideshow maquettes? The best place to look is eBay by doing a search for Sideshow + the character name (Sideshow Gandalf). I find that many people don't use the term maquette in their listing titles.

Are you talking about the Sideshow maquettes? The best place to look is eBay by doing a search for Sideshow + the character name (Sideshow Gandalf). I find that many people don't use the term maquette in their listing titles.

Sideshow doesn't even call them maquettes. If you check the archive they're listed as Polystone Statues now. At least the few I looked up.

Maquette doesnt work, Ive searched ebay countless times. They had some previously, but i do not see them anymore :/ Plus i do not collect the villains. Thank man tho for your reply :)

Maquette doesnt work, Ive searched ebay countless times. They had some previously, but i do not see them anymore :/ Plus i do not collect the villains. Thank man tho for your reply :)
There are different lines:

1/4 Scale Premium Formats by Sideshow Collectibles "PF" (mixed media) FINISHED LINE Example Aragorn
1/6 Scale Polystone Statue by Sideshow Collectibles "Maquette line" FINISHED LINE Example Aragorn
1/6 Scale statues by SideshowWeta (the classics and my favourites :)) FINISHED LINE #1 #2 #3
1/6 Scale statues by Weta (wetanz.com, just came up with a great Faramir) MORE TO COME

You didnt make clear what you are exactly after but in all cases whenever a statue is sold out you either look on ebay or make a "Want to buy" thread here on the forums.

Here is a good start for the Maquette line
Sideshow Exclusive Lord of The Rings Gimli Statue LED of Only 500 Sold Out LN | eBay

You could also look into the Commerce Section - For Sale of this Forum. You could come across a member seller of this Forum selling them. Where is your location by the way?

Yeah this is why I use Sideshow Gandalf, Sideshow Legolas, etc. to search for them. I did just buy three from Mister Ski who posted these to the Commerce section. I never liked the wraiths from this line and am going old school Weta for my villains.

Regular ones where limited to 1000 pc,but there where also 500 exclusives from every caracter.
So 1500 of every maquette.
I have them all.
They are the reason I start collecting Lotr,and now hobbit.

I was too small to collect those perfect lines of Arwen, Strider/Aragorn, Boromir, Legolas, Gimli, Gandalf. But I have seen pictures and totally mesmerized. Anyone knows where I can buy them or find the slightest hint to get them these days? There were only I believe 1000 of each pieces around the world. I'm ready to save a lifetime to catch those

Sideshow doesn't even call them maquettes. If you check the archive they're listed as Polystone Statues now. At least the few I looked up.

It's because I think the term 'maquette' is not the correct technical term to call these statues. From Wiki: "A maquette (French word for scale model, sometimes referred to by the Italian names plastico or modello) is a small scale model or rough draft of an unfinished sculpture."

It was called maquette during the early stages of designing the statue. But when it's finished, it's already called a sculpture or statue.

It's because I think the term 'maquette' is not the correct technical term to call these statues. From Wiki: "A maquette (French word for scale model, sometimes referred to by the Italian names plastico or modello) is a small scale model or rough draft of an unfinished sculpture."

It was called maquette during the early stages of designing the statue. But when it's finished, it's already called a sculpture or statue.

I don't know about the actual definition but I can assure you Sideshow used to call them maquettes when they were on sale not just during the design phase.

Just got Legolas, Aragorn (again), and Gandalf and I have to say in comparison to other recent SS pieces I have received (Red Sonya) and seen online (QOTD) SS must have used their A game factory on these because I think the paint apps are superb. I sold Boromir because I didn't care for his off screen outfit but I may purchase again to create a balanced display of taller statues in the back (Boromir, Gandalf, Gimli) with Legolas and Aragorn in the front. Arwen looks ok to me but doesn't fit and I am equally comfortable having the 5 of 9 in SS maquette form. For the baddies I go Weta all the way on this.

Back