Sideshow Pitch-In Card

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaMelnik

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'd like to request that Sideshow look into offering a Pitch-In card the way other companies do.

I'm sure there are a bunch of things that have to be worked out but imagine giving someone a $500 or more gift card that they can spend on whatever they want.

I know that I would tell everyone all I want is for them to put $ towards that so that I can purchase a very large item from Sideshow.

Just a thought... :pray:

I agree, a gift card purchasing system would be really helpful. I would do the same.

It's about that time of year again where everyone wants to buy me crap, but I can't ask for what I really want because Sideshow doesn't sell true gift cards. :dunno

ihave a 50 dollar card right now and a 20 dollar caRD WE SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO COMBINE CARDS AND USE THEM ON WHAT EVER WE WANT NOT JUST WHAT SIDESHOW WANTS.

ihave a 50 dollar card right now and a 20 dollar caRD WE SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO COMBINE CARDS AND USE THEM ON WHAT EVER WE WANT NOT JUST WHAT SIDESHOW WANTS.

That is where you are WRONG. If it is a FREE GC card SSC has the right to choose what you use it on. IF someone purchased the gift card then I agree you should be able to use it on whatever.

You can give me the $50 if you have no need for it. :)

That is where you are WRONG. If it is a FREE GC card SSC has the right to choose what you use it on. IF someone purchased the gift card then I agree you should be able to use it on whatever.

You can give me the $50 if you have no need for it. :)

Thanks for explaning I understand what you are saying.

I wouldn't mind seeing something like that. That way I could tell folks I know I'd like money put towards buying something from Sideshow I really want.

Simple, Sideshow needs to develop two systems. A Rewards Card which is what they call GCs now, that you can use on a limited number of items, etc and an actual Gift Card system that can be loaded and combined like cash on anything Sideshow sells. I have had a ton of people ask me if they could buy me Sideshow Gift Cards with a huge no being the answer.

For those people wanting to buy you a Sideshow gift card, they could always buy a prepaid Visa giftcard, write "Sideshow" on the front with a Sharpee and tah-dah!....A Sideshow gift card...just a thought :)

For those people wanting to buy you a Sideshow gift card, they could always buy a prepaid Visa giftcard, write "Sideshow" on the front with a Sharpee and tah-dah!....A Sideshow gift card...just a thought :)

Yea but that isn't any different than getting cash. At least with a SSC giftcard you are forced to use it there which is good for people who might not be able to contain themselves to spend it else where.

Those things just like cash burn a whole in my pocket. I'd get one and it'd be spent before I get home. At least with GCs I know I'm going to spend it where I'm supposed to. I'm fickle. :D

I need this myself so badly...

In fact, it would be nice if I could have an account where a small part of each of my checks directly deposited into Sideshow. But seriously, why no "true gift card?" I would be getting one for my birthday and Christmas every year, for sure.

If Sideshow had an actual Gift Certificate system I know between birthdays and Christmas I'd bank at least enough for a PF every other year minimum. People don't like to give cash because its impersonal and people are always asking where to buy gift certificates for me all the time.

Of course there have had many discussions about one day offering a true Gift Certificate system at Sideshow. There are more than a few financial/accounting reasons why it has not been able to be implemented yet. Remember, we are a bit different than almost every other retailer, in that we are the manufacturer for *many* different licenses, as well as the distributor. When one is manufacturing items from various licensors, as well as selling them at retail, the book-keeping gets a bit tricky when you are talking about collecting actual cash without it being designated for specific products until months, perhaps even YEARS, later. Rest assured that we ARE aware of the desire (many times over) and would LOVE to offer true gift certificates...every year brings new and exciting solutions to bring it one step closer to reality :duff

Back