Statue Sideshow New Batman Premium Format Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From all the interviews I’ve read he said they might or they might not. Regardless of issue 50 his Batman run has been great and continues so.

From all the interviews I’ve read he said they might or they might not. Regardless of issue 50 his Batman run has been great and continues so.

News to me, All the marketing said there was a marriage, then came major backlash when they didn't, so Im not sure of how accurate your intel is if everyone knew they may not.

Nonetheless, I once again got out of comics shortly after Rebirth launched, came back for this issue and was again let down. I purchased an expensive variant which I was fortunate to get my $ back after finding out there was no marriage and the content was all about their eyes.

Glad you like it, wish I could.

I think the interviews were either in the back of dc books or on my news feed but he basically said that in issue 50 regardless whether they go through with it or not you will have Batman in a place where he hasn’t been before. I managed to avoid the NYT spoiler so when I went to read issue 50 I expected either outcome, because of the interviews with King. The way DC marketed the whole thing I can understand why people would feel like they’d been trolled.

They own the 1/4 scale DC license, so they have to keep trying. They'll get Batman right eventually, right? ...Fully sculpted in 1/4 scale.

What do you mean by fully sculpted? I actually like this batman, is it to modern for most folks?

What do you mean by fully sculpted? I actually like this batman, is it to modern for most folks?

Not many on these forums like this particular Bats.

And I wouldn't exactly call it a modern version. It's something else. It's a completely Sideshowified piece.

It's not based on any iteration of the comics, film or animation. It's almost completely made up, with almost no resemblance to any of them, imo.

Some here like myself are okay when Sideshow take a few small liberties in the design, but many are not. But this is more than a few.

And by fully sculpted, some collectors in this case are excluding the Classic PF because they rather not have fabric covering most of the body.

And I wouldn't exactly call it a modern version. It's something else. It's a completely Sideshowified piece.

It's not based on any iteration of the comics, film or animation. It's almost completely made up, with almost no resemblance to any of them, imo.

Some here like myself are okay when Sideshow take a few small liberties in the design, but many are not. But this is more than a few.

And by fully sculpted, some collectors in this case are excluding the Classic PF because they rather not have fabric covering most of the body.

You mean you want the tweeterhead super powers version in quarter scale?

You mean you want the tweeterhead super powers version in quarter scale?

Actually I'm happy with my classic PF. But if I didn't have him behind glass it'll be a different story.

And I have plenty of Bats across films, games, and comics across 1/4, 1/3 and 1/2 scale pieces, so I'm fine with what I have. I was more or less summarising a lot of the complaints that people have posted.

Nothing to do with modern or classic. It's the fact it's not actually based on anything other than the imagination of someone at sideshow.

Most collectors want something they recognise from comics, film, tv or animation. If they wanted a modern bats they should have just done a comic accurate New 52 or Rebirth Bats.

Personally I'd have loved a Jim Lee Batman PF.

Yea this Bats is too massive. He’s like a gorilla in a Batman costume. Super and WW look great. Bats however is meh.

Actually I'm happy with my classic PF. But if I didn't have him behind glass it'll be a different story.

And I have plenty of Bats across films, games, and comics across 1/4, 1/3 and 1/2 scale pieces, so I'm fine with what I have. I was more or less summarising a lot of the complaints that people have posted.

I would love a fully sculpted statue with fabric cape, the cape on the PF is so heavy and makes the box massive

Nothing to do with modern or classic. It's the fact it's not actually based on anything other than the imagination of someone at sideshow.

Most collectors want something they recognise from comics, film, tv or animation. If they wanted a modern bats they should have just done a comic accurate New 52 or Rebirth Bats.

Personally I'd have loved a Jim Lee Batman PF.

YES Jim Lee PF would be fantastic, but can't see it happening for reasons only sideshow know

This is the Jim Lee PF duo that I'd love to have:

worlds_finest_batman__superman_wallpaper-other.jpg

This is the Jim Lee PF duo that I'd love to have:

worlds_finest_batman__superman_wallpaper-other.jpg

Likewise! That would be a dream and both would sell out fast assuming they looked good.

Why can't sideshow see this is what we want, not necessarily Jim Lee, but something recognisable from the most iconic comics instead of their own made up versions. Yes we can get the Hush Prime 1 Batman but its huge and costs a grand.

Likewise! That would be a dream and both would sell out fast assuming they looked good.

Why can't sideshow see this is what we want, not necessarily Jim Lee, but something recognisable from the most iconic comics instead of their own made up versions. Yes we can get the Hush Prime 1 Batman but its huge and costs a grand.

And totally worth it imo. As long as space isn't an issue.

And totally worth it imo. As long as space isn't an issue.

Space is an issue with most people and why these PF choices from SS are so disappointing.

I'm getting the Hush Superman but decided on the DKIII Batman, those will be my only 1/3 pieces. Don't have the space for anything else especially with the huge bases.

Space is an issue with most people and why these PF choices from SS are so disappointing.

I'm getting the Hush Superman but decided on the DKIII Batman, those will be my only 1/3 pieces. Don't have the space for anything else especially with the huge bases.

Those two pieces together will certainly be centrepieces in anyone's collection. You don't really need anymore.

In about 18 months time, I'm planning to have probably half my display space to be taken up by Prime 1 pieces. At last count I'll probably have about 15 1/3 scales in that time, not including 1/2 scales. But unfortunately I won't be able to fit a lot of the bigger footprint pieces, such as Hush Superman, the new Dark Knight, Lobo, Batman who laughs or Deathstroke which is a pity, but each one of those would take the space of 2 average 1/3 scale pieces.

If i can manage to snag the Hush superman and that new DK3 batman i dont think i will ever need another supes and bats statue.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Batman is my favorite so I've gotta get both the Hush and DKR Blue statue. Just love them both. Plus I have the DKR Black. And I'll be getting the Hush Superman and Catwoman. Those will make up 5 of my 14 total statues that I will have, whenever they actually ship lol.

Batman is my favorite so I've gotta get both the Hush and DKR Blue statue. Just love them both. Plus I have the DKR Black. And I'll be getting the Hush Superman and Catwoman. Those will make up 5 of my 14 total statues that I will have, whenever they actually ship lol.

I'm still really tempted by that Hush Batman after the improvements made but not sure I can fit three Prime 1 pieces into my collection. Jim Lee is my favourite comic book artist but the stance of the DKR piece and the classic yellow oval is winning me over. It's horrible having to choose between them. I'd love Sideshow or someone else to do the entire Hush line in 1/4 scale so I could have them all but they are too busy doing their own concept pieces.

Until now I've been happy collecting HT figures but starting to tire of movie pieces. When will we get a PF Flash?

Back