Statue Sideshow New Batman Premium Format Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t think the forum reception is accurate. But, I do think the ES shows that this statue is not received well especially for Batman. It has the lowest ES out of the trinity.

But out of the Trinity, Batman also has by far the most options in the market.

Batman pieces are essentially flooding the marketplace.

I thought this wasn't due before 2019? Superman was supposed to be first.

No interest in getting this but looking forward to some in hand opinions all the same.

I think it turned out very good and is a good Batman statue over-all -- it's just not the Batman statue that I (and a lot of other collectors, it seems) am looking for.

Funny how this ex. at 1500 is the same as Thor, yet somehow Batman is deemed a failure on Sideshows part. Price increase is negligible so that's a non factor as far as I'm concerned.

Funny how this ex. at 1500 is the same as Thor, yet somehow Batman is deemed a failure on Sideshows part. Price increase is negligible so that's a non factor as far as I'm concerned.

For whatever reason Batman is significantly more popular than Thor, which is indicated sometimes by its edition size and the sheer amount of options in the market.

I myself currently have 1 Thor piece, but 10 Batman statues and at least another one on preorder.

I'm sure Sideshow will 'eventually' sell out most of their allotment of this new Batman piece, no matter how many collectors (me included) dislike this particular rendition.

For whatever reason Batman is significantly more popular than Thor, which is indicated sometimes by its edition size and the sheer amount of options in the market.

I myself currently have 1 Thor piece, but 10 Batman statues and at least another one on preorder.

I'm sure Sideshow will 'eventually' sell out most of their allotment of this new Batman piece, no matter how many collectors (me included) dislike this particular rendition.

I'll go back to your point:

But out of the Trinity, Batman also has by far the most options in the market.

Batman pieces are essentially flooding the marketplace.

There are a lot of opinions by collectors that may never really have no intention of buying or looking for perfection and complaining if it's something else, or possibly cancelling at some point. Edition sizes in all honesty really has nothing to do with it. The first PF at almost 10K.... it'll never be the same as that, not even half that now days. Sideshow as a company has to look at what they are willing to do based on their current production schedule and what a realistic cutoff is. I'm sure if they got a bunch of orders the ed size may be higher. Thor is still pretty popular and is considered by enough people to be the top showing at SDCC this year. Same ed size. Not liking it is fine, but to deem it a failure based on nothing more than "fanboy" internet conjecture is baseless unless you work for SSC.

This is a take or leave it hobby. Take what you like or can accept and leave the rest.

I like this statue and have it on preorder... It has a fully sculpted body and IMO better than the last Batman PF.
I just sold the first PF mainly to lose the pajamas and have a Batman with a shorter base. The head sculpt is very similar on both PFs (short ears portrait).
I might even be able to get two statues side by side in one Besta compartment!!![emoji16]

I like this statue and have it on preorder... It has a fully sculpted body and IMO better than the last Batman PF.
I just sold the first PF mainly to lose the pajamas and have a Batman with a shorter base. The head sculpt is very similar on both PFs (short ears portrait).
I might even be able to get two statues side by side in one Besta compartment!!![emoji16]

I still have the original PF, and because of the size of that cape, it's a tight fit for any other piece when displayed together in a Besta with doors.

I believe I currently have Catwoman beside him.

:exactly:

That much I can agree. Still don't like this enough to buy, tho. I'll wait for a another Batman PF.

I'm all for Mr Freeze and more villains but can we please also get a PF Flash!

It still confuses me why SSC always makes Batman bigger than anyone else in the group. They did that in the original group ...and they did that again here.

300679_press21.jpg

At times, I think someone at SSC must really believe Batman is just a bruiser with high-tech toys. Rather than a skilled, smart and agile fighter like Captain America.

It still confuses me why SSC always makes Batman bigger than anyone else in the group. They did that in the original group ...and they did that again here.

300679_press21.jpg

At times, I think someone at SSC must really believe Batman is just a bruiser with high-tech toys. Rather than a skilled, smart and agile fighter like Captain America.
Agreed. He is definitely bulkier than he should be. I picture Superman being bigger than Batman.[emoji123]

300679_press21.jpg

Yup Bats is too big. He looks like a gorilla. I could handle the sideshowized look but he is too bulky.

Back