1/6 Sideshow Mythos Obi Wan 1/6 Desert Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll take one. PM me your paypal please.

I’m interested. Send me a PM as well, please. Thanks.

Pm to you both.

7E08EC2C-787D-427C-8F84-144250F43288.jpeg

I received this figure yesterday and I’m thrilled! It’s SO much better in hand than the photos shown. It’s really well
made and so much fun! It’s been a while since I’ve had this much fun with a figure; there are so many accessories and so many display options! The head looks tremendous with the hood up, all the clothes lay well and the detail on the backpack is superb. The pleather goods are a little dry so here’s hoping they don’t crack or split. Overall a solid, albeit expensive release from Sideshow.
73DEA235-9FBD-4B8B-8034-EC0B83B613B6.jpg
6769A6F2-E29C-4A01-B398-BB1BE136F39C.jpg

I dont understand why they didnt make the armor to scale?

Its a great looking figure, but that was a pretty lame thing for them
to do. Even if he’ll never wear it, it should be correctly scaled to the figure.

After reading all the posts bashing on this figure I'll chime in defense it looks far better in hand than most of the photos would suggest. The armor looks like it's to scale, the headsculpt looks great, and the tunic looks weathered rather than yellow. I have no regrets about buying this.

AiEZZa6h.jpg

HOCfWnOh.jpg

It looks to scale

is it? I thought it looks a touch on the small side (particularly the chest plate). Why isnt it wearable then? permanently attached to the pack maybe? Minor nit, and more annoying to those that wanted to make a clone wars obi.

Dont get me wrong, I think the figure looks fantastic and I want it pretty badly!

After reading all the posts bashing on this figure I'll chime in defense it looks far better in hand than most of the photos would suggest. The armor looks like it's to scale, the headsculpt looks great, and the tunic looks weathered rather than yellow. I have no regrets about buying this.

Awesome pics!

It looks wide enough but probably a too flat as-is. It looks "stowed". I think you'd have to cut the crap out of the whole backpack and I wonder if carving up a cheap Hasbro figure might not serve better.

It looks wide enough but probably a too flat as-is. It looks "stowed". I think you'd have to cut the crap out of the whole backpack and I wonder if carving up a cheap Hasbro figure might not serve better.

Ahh gotcha! either way, I’m sold on this figure. just on pure asthetics alone.

I dont understand why they didnt make the armor to scale?

Its a great looking figure, but that was a pretty lame thing for them
to do. Even if he’ll never wear it, it should be correctly scaled to the figure.

I think it's scaled correctly to the figure, but to make it wearable, it would need to be bigger so it would fit over him.

Humans can wear armor because those panels will compress the fat/muscle underneath. 1/6 bodies do no such thing, so it has to be bigger than it ought to be because plastic 'flesh' doesn't compress.

I think it's scaled correctly to the figure, but to make it wearable, it would need to be bigger so it would fit over him.

Humans can wear armor because those panels will compress the fat/muscle underneath. 1/6 bodies do no such thing, so it has to be bigger than it ought to be because plastic 'flesh' doesn't compress.

That makes a lot of sense, never considered that. Makes me appreciate well done fully armored figures more now.

Back