1/6 Sideshow Mythos Boba Fett Figure.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, I got my Fett a week ago now, and Sideshow hasn't sent their supply of him to BBTS yet? what's the holdup!!!????

Got your excellent stand, Cocoboloboy today! As soon as I get a clear sky day (hopefully tomorrow), will show it off.....

Ok, I got my Fett a week ago now, and Sideshow hasn't sent their supply of him to BBTS yet? what's the holdup!!!????

Got your excellent stand, Cocoboloboy today! As soon as I get a clear sky day (hopefully tomorrow), will show it off.....

Awesome! I’d love to see some pics.

Love the stand, thanks

fett.jpg

turned the helmet around a tad just for the pic! Weather is still pretty overcast, but good enough!

Update: So, just got the Mythos Obi-Wan, and my first impression: the body on that figure is much tighter than the Mythos Fett. Esp the legs. On my Fett, 'floppy' is the word I'd use. But obi wan, not even a little

Once others get their fett, curious to see how they will be in this regard.

Last edited:
*FINALLY gets an email from BBTS*

ITS ABOUT TIME

Seriously, sheesh. Was considering cancelling and just getting one from SSC, but decided that would be a crappy thing to do.

Had a chance to open him quick. Haven’t looked at the accessories, closely, but I like the look of this guy — the underlying body, however, is absolute $#&t — what a shame, after the nice underlying body they used for Obi-Wan, they go back to this piece of junk. Can anyone recommend a similar-sized body that isn’t a floppy piece of dung?

Had a chance to open him quick. Haven’t looked at the accessories, closely, but I like the look of this guy — the underlying body, however, is absolute $#&t — what a shame, after the nice underlying body they used for Obi-Wan, they go back to this piece of junk. Can anyone recommend a similar-sized body that isn’t a floppy piece of dung?

that obi-wan body looks like it would work, and is about the same height. Same one they used for the tie pilot, at-at driver and ash, etc

that obi-wan body looks like it would work, and is about the same height. Same one they used for the tie pilot, at-at driver and ash, etc

Thanks. I’ll look into that. Don’t get why they would step backward and use this cheap body when they have a better one available.

got my Mythos Boba Fett a week ago and been busy but doing quick inspections in my free time
my quick thoughts
The weathering/paint is amazing all around, I think Sideshow's best job so far
The sculpts, helmet, gauntlets, gloves, blasters, armor, hilts etc.. and outfit, poncho, tailoring, are all great

here is a few issues I have
no long blaster and that odd blaster from the statue set
The belt, belt, traps pouches, etc, look cheap. The pouches have weathering but the rest don't, and looks a bit off. Also the pouches/belt just look cheaply made compared to Hot Toys detailed stitching pattern. But I can over look this and I plan to weathering the straps/belt to match the pouches'.
But here is my main problem, the tall body. Makes boba fett look off, especially next to HTs.
This was the same issue I had with Sideshow's first Esb Boba Fett, he had long legs and made the upper body look distorted.
I have a box of spare bodies and the best one I will use is a Hot Toys Slim body. I just need to mod the ankle pegs with big ball pegs to fit Sideshow's boots.
If I knew Sideshow would have some issues, I would have kept the body and pouch belt from a HT ROTJ Fett I sold in parts last year

But even with those issues the figure is still amazing. And If you don't care about tall or scale issues, then I wouldn't worry.
Some of us are just crazy for sizes and scales

I was going to pick this version up, but i've my fingers in too many pies figure wise.

I did pick up the helmet though, and while it's far from perfect SS did a great job with the overall shape...especially the shape and curve of the visor which easily beats all of HT offerings.
It is a tad on the narrow side which is made more so by the cheek indents not running deep enough. Shame as SS came so close to perfect.

Anyways for those interested here's the Mythos bucket on the HT ROTJ version:)

DSC_1307.JPGDSC_1313.JPGDSC_1312.JPGDSC_1297.JPGDSC_1310.JPG

I like it, accuracy be damned.

Shows you can never have enough Fett buckets. Even with the ESB Deluxe having two, its not enough!

I was going to pick this version up, but i've my fingers in too many pies figure wise.

I did pick up the helmet though, and while it's far from perfect SS did a great job with the overall shape...especially the shape and curve of the visor which easily beats all of HT offerings.
It is a tad on the narrow side which is made more so by the cheek indents not running deep enough. Shame as SS came so close to perfect.

Anyways for those interested here's the Mythos bucket on the HT ROTJ version:)

View attachment 478283View attachment 478279View attachment 478281View attachment 478280View attachment 478282

Wow...SS has done it AGAIN! bobble-head Bobba! My only gripe beside the floppy SS body is the overscaled body...this just proves it. JB Fett was short!

This intergalactic bad-ass is finally here, evidently having had to hop a slow-moving freighter all the way from Tatooine [I am looking at you, BBTS] but he finally made it. Not deboxing tonight, as I have work later and I prefer to debox when I have to time and quiet to fully enjoy the experience.

But he's *here.* Here's hoping there is nothing wrong, he looks great and the box-art is beautiful. Ok everyone stop making gorgeous boxes so I can feel better about throwing 'em out. [I'm not going to throw this out, at worst I would take it apart to flatten it and then put the panels in my portfolio for safekeeping.]

20200210_150718crop.jpg

Back