Sideshow Masters of the Universe Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He-Man in the back

1.jpg

I really like where Sideshow's mind and direction is with this project more and more.

Here's what Igo had to say on SF:

When we appraoched this LINE (we're 3 deep alreay, so yes, we're committed) we went in with that mentality. What the cartoon felt and looked to you as a kid, so interpreting that and evolving it for us now, not making it an exact replica of what it was.

It is 1:5 scale, we wanted to differentiate what PCS in both scale and style, so we think this works to give fans a different option, not take away that more true translation they are doing from the show.

We'll be revealing the second in the line at SDCC, and we have another 80's cartoon piece that will be there that will be nucking futz…

Im a product of 80's STUFF, this line was one of my favorite projects Ive been able to be a part of here, maybe ever... same with the team that worked on it, and it shows.

The designer is Stjepan Sejic, been a huge fan of his for a while and to say "He's a Super hard-core MOTU fan" is an understatement. Here's his gallery:

masters of the universe by nebezial on DeviantArt

Cant wait for you guys to see the next piece, it's insane.

:clap

I really like where Sideshow's mind and direction is with this project more and more.

Here's what Igo had to say on SF:

:clap

Damn, I really want to order the PCS He-Man/Battlecat combo but this quote is making me rethink it and hold off a bit...

Well I think the SS Statue is in part like that pose from Sedjic's art above. It's a cool pose.

This is a good way for Mattel to explore "cinemantic" looks to MOTU. That movie still ain't budging. Not sure exactly how this could help but I hope it does.

Anything that shows a more modern, realistic take to the property can help.

If people like the PCS cartoon He-Man in completely accurate statue form, that's cool. Just not my thing. I don't think that style translates well to statues.

Anything that shows a more modern, realistic take to the property can help.

If people like the PCS cartoon He-Man in completely accurate statue form, that's cool. Just not my thing. I don't think that style translates well to statues.

I think folks are referring to the mixed media statue from PCS which is just more realistic take on his original toy design rather than the Filmation ones.

The Mixed Media PCS He-man is awesome. But I'm stuck now. I need to see what all SS has planned for this line ASAP so I can decide. :) I do like the SS version.

Well I think the SS Statue is in part like that pose from Sedjic's art above. It's a cool pose.

This is a good way for Mattel to explore "cinemantic" looks to MOTU. That movie still ain't budging. Not sure exactly how this could help but I hope it does.

Good point. I actually really like the Battlecat armor in that image and wouldn't mind seeing something like that in a motion picture. Though it's a bit too purple to be associated with the good guys. ;)

Back