Statue Sideshow LION-O Statue.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just created an account here just so I could get this out of my system. I have all the Sideshow He Man statues, and the Mumm-Ra on preorder, and this is the most disappointed I have felt since starting this hobby. I am conflicted about losing my $50 deposit on Mumm-Ra, or having him lonely with no nemesis because I just can't justify buying this Lion-o.

Welcome to the forum vailus. I have a feeling that you are not alone in your feelings. I think that a lot of collectors will be cancelling Mumm-Ra.

I like the pose and paint, I think the artists rendition is well conceived. I like the symbol on the chest rather than the belt. I think it is a good representation. As a kid I had all the toys and they were pretty cheesy. I think this is a good departure from the toys and original cartoon. The one knock for me is the exclusive portrait is better than the regular. They should have made the ex portrait the main one and did something else for the exclusive.

I like the pose and paint, I think the artists rendition is well conceived. I like the symbol on the chest rather than the belt. I think it is a good representation. As a kid I had all the toys and they were pretty cheesy. I think this is a good departure from the toys and original cartoon. The one knock for me is the exclusive portrait is better than the regular. They should have made the ex portrait the main one and did something else for the exclusive.

Hmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fair enough. I guess, for all my complaining, it boils down to one thing for me. I agree with you about the exclusive head, I get the chest emblem, and the base if perfectly fine. My problem is that crazy arms up in the air thing he has going on. There is no sense of movement there besides that he is throwing them up, maybe at a lower angle it would have been like he was about to drop his hands into a fighting stance or in the sight beyond sight moment. If they would just lower them below the chest or lower the claw shield hand...IDK.

It's not.
In fact, because of the overdesigned take on original suit, it's more cheesy plus tasteless.

Ha! And again it shows that whatever we complain about. They still sell. Why? Cuz its just a fraction of collectors are on forums

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thundercats-lion-o-satue-sideshow-200496-25.jpgthundercats-lion-o-satue-sideshow-200496-29.jpg

It is these two photos that keep me from being able to purchase this or really even get into the line. How can anyone think that these two would go together in any way. Maybe if you just buy Lion-O you can put him in a position where this is not exaggerated but how can this visual proof really refute how badly they go together.

Part of me wants to say you will have Panthro and it will be cool but deep down its not the same if you can't get Lion-O. Sort of like having He-man versus Trap Jaw.

:lol yep, I liked mumm-ra but not loving this lion guy. So the set can't be completed now for me. So pass for me.

It hides the flaws and makes the paint and effects look much better than reg lighting. But it's a good trick. If I own ss I would do the same. lol:lol
That too. Tho I was refering to the "low stock" bull****. They always do this kind of thing when something sells poorly.

Back