Sideshow life size R2-D2 (2016 version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you want a better one you could build one yourself with aluminum parts and remote control for a lower cost. Of course it's not easy and it takes some time but you would end up with a much better result. Plus taking a look at it there's some parts that are wrong.
If there was a complete model kit I would consider it but I have never seen one.

Holy F! I was thinking maybe $4500... Not knowing the cost to build one or previous editions. But holy crap, come on! $7500 that is a luxury item obviously... But the cost is too high in my opinion.

Holy F! I was thinking maybe $4500... Not knowing the cost to build one or previous editions. But holy crap, come on! $7500 that is a luxury item obviously... But the cost is too high in my opinion.
Really in comparison to other price increases it's actually not to bad.

Not bad? Seriously?
% wise its not even close. So that was 2007 it was $5450 now 7500. In 2007 PFs were around $250-300 not they are $500+, 1/6 figures were $50-60 now they are $200 So about a 50% increase is actually way better than 100-300% increases.

If there was a complete model kit I would consider it but I have never seen one.

There basically is, but you have to buy the parts from a few different builders. That's what I did. I have all the parts for a Complete Aluminum R2 + Electronics. Just have to build it now.

Is t DiAgustini planning on a R2 kit?? From what I understand it will be done monthly like their Falcon.

Over 7k, made me giggle.

There basically is, but you have to buy the parts from a few different builders. That's what I did. I have all the parts for a Complete Aluminum R2 + Electronics. Just have to build it now.

How much did that set you back?

Thinking about ordering this, but i just went to go put it in my shopping cart and noticed it doesn't say metal dome anymore. I know i saw it not he description when it first went up for preorder. did they delete this part? I know I'm not going crazy!!

this x1000

I am sorry, but these and the lsf are catered to those with more money than sense.

Sadly, I have to agree with you totally on that one. I bought the life size Yoda back when you could game the SSC site into coughing up a 20% off coupon by putting something in your cart and navigating away. Even that was too pricey, but $7500 for a static R2, no way.

How much did that set you back?

When all said and done probably close to SS $7500 or even 10K. But a lot depends how crazy you get. You want all the panels to open, control it on your iPhone, etc. And then what do you want to build it out of, I went all aluminum (most expensive), but you can go wood or styrene for other parts. If you considering definitely check out https://astromech.net/

Also a lot of builds on youtube.

Back