Sideshow life size R2-D2 (2016 version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know this is basically a rehash of the first ANH version. This might be ESB but regardless anyone know how much it will be ? Not that I can afford it but I can dream lol

I know this is basically a rehash of the first ANH version. This might be ESB but regardless anyone know how much it will be ? Not that I can afford it but I can dream lol

I am afraid to even speculate. the original one from Sideshow several years ago was around $5500, so somewhere north of that is a safe bet...

The first one was done by Fred Barton if this was 100% in house it would likely be less expensive or around the same price at the worst as they are paying a 3rd party.

If I was going for a life-size R2-D2, I'd consider contacting R2 Builders, instead of buying a resin one.

If I was going for a life-size R2-D2, I'd consider contacting R2 Builders, instead of buying a resin one.
Most wont build one for you. They will help you but not build it for you.

Wtf Sideshow? Life-size fett is 7500.00! Who needs a metal dome or base for R2. Seems Sideshow does not want to sell many. I was expecting around 5 grand, not over 7 grand!

If you want a better one you could build one yourself with aluminum parts and remote control for a lower cost. Of course it's not easy and it takes some time but you would end up with a much better result. Plus taking a look at it there's some parts that are wrong.

Wtf Sideshow? Life-size fett is 7500.00! Who needs a metal dome or base for R2. Seems Sideshow does not want to sell many. I was expecting around 5 grand, not over 7 grand!
Wait did you see how many complaints about the 1/6 not having a metal dome?

Back