Statue Sideshow Life-Size Boba Fett Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My order is almost complete and will be shipped soon. That LED on his chest needs a battery? I hate stupid batteries. I hope its an easy battery eliminator then I can wire it behind him

My order is almost complete and will be shipped soon. That LED on his chest needs a battery? I hate stupid batteries. I hope its an easy battery eliminator then I can wire it behind him

It appears to be a battery (but easily removable behind the armor plate) where the base is powered by cord and switch.

Well, after spending the kind of money SS charges for this thing you shouldn't have to make any upgrades to it, but I'm pretty OCD so I decided to give mine a professionally painted, screen accurate FPH2 helmet, a much improved wool cape and some better Wookiee braids. The top picture is what it looked like out of the box and the bottom pic is after the upgrades and you can see how much those 3 things improved the overall look.

20180616_115442.jpg

20180925_161034.jpg

Is this a version 1 or version 2 life size boba? Man it does look much better with your adjustments.

Is this a version 1 or version 2 life size boba? Man it does look much better with your adjustments.

This is the v2. I just got it a couple months ago. I hated spending any additional money on it, but the SS helmet just did not look right to me once I got the statue set up. Fortunately I was able to find someone on The Dented Helmet selling an FPH2 helmet(the most accurate Boba lid out there) with a professional paint job so I decided to bite the bullet and upgrade. Needless to say, I was beyond pleased when I saw the before and after difference. The cape and braids were very cheap mods by comparison, but I do feel they make a big difference as well....especially the cape because the one you get from SS absolutely sucks. It's the wrong color, doesn't have the correct stripe and it's not wool.

Thanks for the compliments, oneangrymo and RebelSpy007. :)

Can you tell me where you got the cape and braids? Mine should be shipping soon, I want what you have.

Can you tell me where you got the cape and braids? Mine should be shipping soon, I want what you have.

You can get the cape here, but you'll need to weather it yourself or find someone to do a professional weathering job.

https://manofwarstudios.com/products/star-wars-boba-fett-costume-prop-cape-esb-limited-edition

As for the braids, I got them a while back for a build I'd planned on doing and was able to use them for this statue. You should be able to find a good set on either eBay or The Dented Helmet, though.

What about that helmet, is there an online sale for that? The helmet differences are astounding.

What about that helmet, is there an online sale for that? The helmet differences are astounding.

No, that was a custom one off commission. The only thing you could do is find someone on The Dented Helmet selling an FPH2 kit and then find a good painter, but there is generally a long wait when going that route. I just happened to luck out and find a guy selling his at the perfect time.

man.. for the price sideshow charges... 8500! It should be like authentic as possible. It says Musuem quality, thats what I expect!

man.. for the price sideshow charges... 8500! It should be like authentic as possible. It says Musuem quality, thats what I expect!

I totally agree and I wasn't happy spending the extra money on it, but fortunately I sold my old Don Post Fett life-size statue for $8500 and got the SS one for $8000 from Secret Compass so after buying the helmet and cape I only spent around $600 out of my own pocket to make it look the way it does now. ;)

I totally agree and I wasn't happy spending the extra money on it, but fortunately I sold my old Don Post Fett life-size statue for $8500 and got the SS one for $8000 from Secret Compass so after buying the helmet and cape I only spent around $600 out of my own pocket to make it look the way it does now. ;)

I just bought the cape from manofwar.. I dont know how to weather it or anything, so I probably will just leave it. If you come across another helmet can you message me!?

Thanks

Beautiful helmet Brent72! I would display both separately to be honest! The SSC piece is very nice and deserves a display along with the helmet!

Thanks man, but after seeing the difference in the statue with and without the FPH2 helmet there's no way I could put the original lid from SS back on. The look of the statue changed 100% after upgrading the helmet and cape IMHO.

Here's a better shot of the new helmet.

20180925_161221.jpg

Oh I don't disagree with you at all!

I think the SSC sideshow, even with the inaccuracies should be displayed as is! Both are wonderful collectibles!

Got my boba last night it’s pain in the butt .. but I guess it’s because I’m putting it together myself . Couple problems namely the blaster holster button doesn’t fasten

Back