Sideshow Imperial Probe Droid BATTERY LEAKAGE!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In case anyone is interested....I reached out to Sideshow....this was the exchange. At least they listen....

Dear J,

Thank you for contacting us. We’re sorry to hear about the issue you’re having with the batteries. What we can suggest is to remove the batteries from the light section carefully and discard them, from here you can clean the battery compartment with rubbing alcohol and a q-tip and replace the batteries with new ones. If you plan on displaying the piece without the lights for an extended period of time, you may want to remove the batteries or put the tab or a thin piece of plastic between the battery and the contact point until you wish to use the lights.

Rest assured this has been forwarded onto our production team to review. In fact, with one of our latest releases (Jim Raynor 1:6 scale figure) we made the decision to pack the batteries separately in an effort to prevent this from happening. Again, your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you should have any further questions or concerns.

Best regards,

Mike Hollister

Mike Hollister | Returns Coordinator
2630 Conejo Spectrum St.
Thousand Oaks, CA 91320 | Sideshow.com

Sent: Saturday, April 04, 2015 10:04 PM
To: Belen Moreno
Subject: RE: SideShow Collectibles: TC331211

Thanks for processing this request.

I have one more request. It’s come to my attention, as well as other collectors that the batteries included in the Imperial Probe Droid released last year are already starting to leak inside the product, some having actual damage. I think your vendors in China used very cheap or expired batteries. Anyway, I opened my product and found this to be true as well. Fortunately the leaking battery acid did not cause mine any damage, but it raises a concern for we in the collecting community….if these products are sitting on any shelves…with internal batteries leaking…they will be damaged without ever being opened. I realize this product is wait-listed and Sideshow may not be “sitting” on many more…but I bet other vendors may be and collectors certainly are…or at least not expecting their batteries to be self destructing after less then a year.

Information about this can be found starting on page 157 of this thread….
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...43-sideshow-1-6-imperial-probe-droid-157.html

and

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...how-imperial-probe-droid-battery-leakage.html

What I’m asking is simple….
Would you please forward this information on to management at Sideshow for their review…and a request that any future products that includes a light up feature…the batteries be packages separately in case the batteries should leak inside the box…the actual figure doesn't get damaged. That’s all and if you would be willing to do this…I….and many others would be really grateful.

-J

thanks for the heads up!!! gonna swap my batteries asap

do we know it's definitely just the batteries, or maybe something else has it's hand in play?

Thank you for posting this! I checked my Probe Droid tonight and sure enough, one of the batteries in the head was leaking. The one in the body was still okay, but I removed it just to be safe. Glad I saw this thread before it got too bad in there.

Back