Sideshow Imperial Probe Droid BATTERY LEAKAGE!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vonhahn

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi everyone...I know this has been talked about in the regular "Imperial Probe Droid" thread...but I thought it was important to add the info about the battery leakage in the title to get the attention of folks who might just pass it over. I think it was Rorywan who stated the conversation in the other thread about checking his probe droid batteries, and found...like others after him....his batteries has corroded!

So...I checked mine and I had one starting to go too. I wanted to point this out explicitly (in it's own thread) because I caught mine in time. The upper battery compartment had no damage. Everything still worked, I would never have thought something was wrong and I'm hoping others will catch this early to avoid damage too. Replace them all, the three in the head and the one in the body. Thanks to all the posters for sharing their issues so I would check on mine.

20150403_220914_zpsewajtcdl.jpg

20150403_220936_zpsxybqsrrn.jpg

20150403_221016_zpszijmjnux.jpg

Last edited:
Another quality product brought to you by Sideshow Collectibles. :mad:

I saw yours was damaged because of it....I'm sorry to see that :-(

Yeah this was pretty shocking that they went so quickly. I took out the little ones (which were starting to leak) but left in the big battery because I could clearly see it and it appeared fine a month ago - maybe should just take it out to be safe.

SSC really need to spend some extra $ to get branded batteries or just don't include them. These items cost hundreds of dollars and to have the batteries ruin them - within weeks of receipt in some cases - just isn't good enough.

This is going to get SSC too eventually - if they have an item that takes a while to sell out, they'll have hundreds of leaking batteries sitting in new products.

Sorry to see this happening. Long before Rorywan there were others with damaged and leaking batteries: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...-1-6-imperial-probe-droid-50.html#post7574599. I usually change the crappy no-name cell batteries in my stuff with Renata ones which are used by high end watches companies too. There are times when new AAA or AA batteries leak (even good brands al;s), but these cell batteries are among the worst.

How did you get the flat donut (piece on the far right) off the lower body? That's the thing I can't seem to remove from the lower body structure.

I need to do some things this morning, but ill make n upload a little video later today....

Checked mine and everything is in order with both battery compartments. Thanks for the warning notheless as i took this opportunity to check all other battery operated figures. No leakage to report on any of them.

Is this a concern only with the probe droid? Or does it apply to other figures with batteries eg. SSc Vader, Boba Fett, HiC, jabba archway?

Is this a concern only with the probe droid? Or does it apply to other figures with batteries eg. SSc Vader, Boba Fett, HiC, jabba archway?

It's been NOTICED on the probe droid....but anything that has any batteries in them could be subject...depending on how cheap or expired the batteries are. I started taking out all my batteries just in case. Last night I cleared out my HT Iron Man Mark VI and they were all fine....same with he double As in yoda's hut...so I guess it's just what are you willing to gamble. All batteries leak....in time...

I noticed this in the probe droid thread yesterday. Mine has been sealed since purchase but after seeing the warning I finally decided to take it out today just to make sure everything was alright. I pulled the plastic tabs out to try everything before taking the batteries out and noticed I could not get the light to stay on. Opened up the battery compartment and sure enough one of the batteries was leaking already. Thank you so much for bringing this to peoples attention. Even with the tab in it was still corroding stored away. Luckily I caught it early and no damage was done at all inside. I hate to think what it would have looked like if I had waited as I was still a long ways off from opening mine up. Definitely a concern for people buying sealed ones in the future.

What the hell do the batteries have to do with SSC?

Only sideshow batteries leak. It's also sideshows fault that plane crashed last week. And the holocaust was sideshows fault too.

Don't have a valid argument? Blame sideshow. It's the easy thing to do.

Only sideshow figures leak. Hot toys wraps all their batteries in tiny condoms to prevent leakage. That's why they cost so much.

Back