Sideshow Hoth Han Solo (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look, I watched in 1980 in the theater and knew the coat was brown.

picture.php

Puffs, the coat looks BROWN in the movie to anyone who watches the whole thing and can get past the artificial blue light in SOME scenes that so obviously colors absolutely every single element in that scene in the same blue light.

Look, I watched in 1980 in the theater and knew the coat was brown. Again in 1982 same. Again in the late 80's on home video same. 90's SE in theaters, same. DVD in the 2000's same. Later in the 2000's on BluRay same. Right now with BluRays same.

Yes, the coat (and everything else) has a blue light cast in some scenes. So what? If you want to pose with a blue coat go right ahead. If you want to do it because you think it makes it look more like the movie, then you're wasting your time - you're better off with the brown coat and blue filtered light to make everything else blue as well.

I'm just really tired of people pulling specific samples and then doing irrelevant color sampling. Yes, the coat is blue as much as the Earth is flat.

Well said:clap

You could argue it only looks brown in behind-the-scenes shots, which means the blue is "screen-accurate". And if it was enough to fool Kenner ...

Anyhoo, as stated above, we're getting both so everyone can cling to their own truth.

Edit: OK, sorry, just realized I'm going over the same old ground.

Last edited:
I already have plans for my hatless head and extra blue or brown coat: Hoth Hangar Han!

605755C8-18DF-4038-B50E-BC12E2ADFF5E-5464-000006F7C0B49355_zpsddae8a97.jpg

I wonder if the welding gear might be the exclusive.

I still think every figure will have a blue coat and brown coat. Making the blue version the exclusive risks seriously pissing off people who need to order from other retailers (and the retailers themselves) and thus have to rely on the secondary market. Then again being Sideshow...

Yeah the blue coat shouldn't be the Exclusive, I agree.

I'll be using Blue, that's what I remember seeing onscreen as a kid, it's all I still see. I still Han shoot first though so......

Us: Obi Wan Kenner! You told me Hans coat was blue?

Kenner: Your toy was what you wanted it to be. It was originally brown but was seduced by a light that was blue. So what I told you was true, from a certain point of view.

Us: A certain point of view?

Kenner: Kids you will find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

So.. is there any solid confirmation yet, as to getting both jackets included as standard?

Blue for the exclusive would be putting a gun to their heads. :lol

Back