Sideshow Hoth Han Solo (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I'll put the brown coat in an acrylic box like the museum prop next to Han in the blue coat looking perplexed. ???

I'd rather have the accurate brown coat rather than the perceived blue coat. If they only pack in one, that is.

When I watch the films, I see a brown coat covered with ice in many scenes, sometimes giving the appearance of blue. The blue color cast was given to many of the Hoth scenes to reinforce the idea to the audience that it's cold. This also makes the coat appear blue to some viewers, I suppose. However, there are enough scenes in the film and behind the scenes photos that make it difficult for me to understand how people can still claim the coat is blue. :huh

I know all of these photos have been shown before, and it won't change anyone's mind, but I don't understand why.

TLC_bp_hothprobe_hanref.jpg

HanHoth.jpg

tumblr_lciagbemx41qf6grto1_400.jpg

When I watch the films, I see a brown coat covered with ice in many scenes, sometimes giving the appearance of blue. The blue color cast was given to many of the Hoth scenes to reinforce the idea to the audience that it's cold. This also makes the coat appear blue to some viewers, I suppose. However, there are enough scenes in the film and behind the scenes photos that makes it difficult for me to understand how people can still claim the coat is blue. :huh

I know all of these photos have been shown before, and it won't change anyone's mind, but I don't understand why.

HanHoth.jpg

:lecture:exactly:

Are we back on this again :lol

I thought we were getting two coats with the release, so everybody gets to be happy. Clearly the original coat was brown, but it looks blue on screen. I prefer blue, but could live if there was only brown.

The top one looks blue except for the tiniest bit of tan highlights--which could be lighting. I would attribute that highlight to the sun casting its light on the blue jacket.

HanHoth.jpg

The second one looks black also with the tiniest bit of tan highlights--I would say sunset lighting, especially based on Han's orange complexion.

This one I see the the most "brown", but honestly looking at the overall coat, it's still vague and I would still count that as blue. The top half has the most "brown", but the bottom half looks like a blue/purple-ish cast. And it also doesn't look much like the brown from the prop.

Han-Hoth-Jacket-01_zpsc66c6a77.jpg

I wonder if the debate is finally over, now, lol. We basically all deserve to be shot for letting this go on as long as it has. :lol

FFS...no one is saying that the actual coat is blue. It looks blue on the screen, so as far as the film (which is nothing but sight and sound) is concerned, the coat is blue. What it looks like in a box, or on the set, or anywhere else besides in the film, is completely irrelevant.

FFS is right. :duff Honestly, I feel I'm going to shoot myself in the head if one more person posts a picture of Han's jacket on display, as though it's something new or proves anything. We've all seen it now 1000x, thanks! :lol

Looking forward to the full reveal, tomorrow. With any luck, that should bury the topic, altogether. :pray:

FFS...no one is saying that the actual coat is blue. It looks blue on the screen, so as far as the film (which is nothing but sight and sound) is concerned, the coat is blue. What it looks like in a box, or on the set, or anywhere else besides in the film, is completely irrelevant.

Incorrect.

Incorrect.

tumblr_m3q5x82IeM1qg462ao7_250.gif

How about instead of telling us it is "brown", someone show a colour analysis of the coat from a film scene from Photoshop or a similar program to taht effect?

I consistently get black or blue tones when sampling across multiple images. The coat only looks brown in certain behind-the-scene photos.

Mr. Tanner got bue even when Wake tried to manipulate the image to take away the camera filter and lighting effects.

Back