Sideshow Hoth Han Solo (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is one of those figures I sold awhile ago that I'm kinda wishing now that I kept. It wasn't the most exciting figure but is a look that I'd like to have in my SW collection anyway. Especially when I consider the possibility of using the HT Bespin Han head on it someday.

It's getting close to 5 years since the Sideshow versions were put out. Guarantee these are on Hot Toys' list after Bespin Luke and maybe ROTJ Han.

I'm not quite so certain, but much like with Snowspeeder Luke will be content to wait for the HT version anyway. As I just have a hard time getting excited for these Sideshow ones for some reason.

Han and Leia on Hoth...

HOTH-HAN-016.jpg

I think they look pretty good together...out in the snow and on the shelf.

Well instead of waiting any longer I managed to find one of these up for £90 complete so I couldn't pass on it. I think I'm going to give the Tracker sculpt a go with it. I had a little search back and saw Talibane's figure with the Tracker head on it. Did anyone replace the sculpt in the cap? Mine doesn't have the second head with the cap and I really liked the 'hood up' look with the scanner. Is it worth replacing that one at all?

I did the tracker head mod on mine and it transforms the figure. Considering HT's previous attempts at HF, an official Hoth release from them, will not necessarily be better than the modded SS one. Check out pages 601 and 602 for pictures of the modded heads.

I'd welcome a Hot Toys version of this, but the SS figure is awesome. Sold off the Hoth figures a while back as a big purge (along with the TaunTaun), but still miss the blue coat Solo, especially since I have the probe droid. And love these awesome Han/TaunTaun shots from dexter-jettster, looks great with the scarf covering the face.

For me still one of the best sideshow stuff!!Now a 1: 6 Wampa and I would be happy :wink1:!

35014204il.jpg

35014206zh.jpg

35014208fv.jpg

35014213db.jpg

35014220jd.jpg

35014225du.jpg

35014230hk.jpg

35014249kk.jpg

They've reissued many other things, but I think this would probably qualify more as a statue in their eyes, which is why it probably won't qualify.

Yeah, not sure either. Outside of all the figures, they did reissue larger (but not heavy) complementary items like the e-web, probe droid, and speeder bike. But no dewback, tauntaun, or polystone tatooine displays as far as I know. They did reissue the premium format versions of the droids with a slight alteration to the base so you never know. Dewback would be cool, especially given how long its been.

Honestly I don't see a reissue of the Tauntaun or the Dewback happening. Not without new Hoth Luke and Han and new sandtroopers respectively. These are accessory statues which took a long time and few deep discounts to sell off the first runs.

I really like this figure. The key is hiding the bug eyes.

6b1QOdA.jpg

Honestly I don't see a reissue of the Tauntaun or the Dewback happening. Not without new Hoth Luke and Han and new sandtroopers respectively. These are accessory statues which took a long time and few deep discounts to sell off the first runs.

I really like this figure. The key is hiding the bug eyes.

6b1QOdA.jpg
I used the Space Tracker sculpt and really makes a huge difference.

IMG_6665.jpg
IMG_6654.jpg
IMG_6659.jpg

I've done the Space Tracker head change but had an utter brainfart after doing all the chopping work on the head to get it to fit the headgear and tried to glue the neck piece in place. Very watery super glue ran round onto the face so after a bit of work to try and rescue it ended up giving it a once over with a matt acrylic spray that unfortunately give it a 'perspiration' kind of look. I ordered another than I'm keeping as is and I'll eventually get another to replace the one in the hat.

Love this figure. I'm really happy with my Hoth three now. Chewie will have to display with Bespin Leia and Han when he gets released.

The Space Tracker head is a big improvement. That side-by-side pic illustrates the "angular" looking stock head. The lines from his nose, the vertical forehead lines and the eyebrows, all look too straight and unnatural.

View attachment 449993
View attachment 449994
View attachment 449995

I've done the Space Tracker head change but had an utter brainfart after doing all the chopping work on the head to get it to fit the headgear and tried to glue the neck piece in place. Very watery super glue ran round onto the face so after a bit of work to try and rescue it ended up giving it a once over with a matt acrylic spray that unfortunately give it a 'perspiration' kind of look. I ordered another than I'm keeping as is and I'll eventually get another to replace the one in the hat.

Love this figure. I'm really happy with my Hoth three now. Chewie will have to display with Bespin Leia and Han when he gets released.

Even with that perspiration layer, it looks great. Any tips to those willing to do the same? (beyond being careful with watery super glue?)

And why the black holster..? Is it actually black on screen?
Thanks,
m.

Even with that perspiration layer, it looks great. Any tips to those willing to do the same? (beyond being careful with watery super glue?)
Thanks,
m.

I'd say just to be brave and really cut away at the head sculpt. it did feel strange to be butchering so much off a head sculpt that's as nice as it is. There's an image a few pages back which shows roughly how much to cut off. I did find that I had to keep cutting to get it to fit inside the headgear. Each time I thought I'd cut enough off I realised I had to cut a bit further. You do get to a point where where's not much more than what's showing left of the sculpt.

Once it's in though I found that I've not had to glue anything as the elastic from the goggles acts to keep the upper and lower parts of the headgear together. That way it can always be opened and changes.

Back