Sideshow Hoth Han Solo (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My hoth shelf. :)

61039873_10157828849324528_5765828131264921600_n.jpg

Ok I realize absolutely no one likes this sculpt :lol, but I was getting tired of waiting for the HT version and already had most of the Bespin parts laying around, so decided to try repainting the head to see if that might help at all. It's still not great, and obviously a bit oversized, but it works well enough for now and lets me finally have a Bespin Han in the collection.

20191212_193048 (2).jpg

20191212_192535 (4).jpg

20191212_191247 (2).jpg

20191212_190542 (2).jpg

nice work dave. i`m waiting on a pair of tarkin boots to give to my version of bespin han. i have the jnix bespin solo sculpt and i still love it. is that the ANH han body that you used?

Thanks, and no this was just a super generic narrow shoulder body I had around. And I've always slightly preferred this sculpt to the Jnix and Space Trucker ones, but I realize I'm in the minority on that here. :p

yes you are. i never liked the sideshow sculpt if it had HT paint apps maybe. but jinx`s looks almost like the man himself so i rather have close to hey it`s a cos player looking like han :)

Very nice dj - I'm always blown away by your paint skills.:clap

It's a sculpt that's lacking in finer sculpt detail and it's got a slightly "blocky" look but you've really brought out the really quite good likeness it has. Did you totally repaint the eyes, or just frame the lids? The pics aren't quite close enough to see.

Everyone should send their Hoth Han heads to you and you can do a run of a dozen repaints.:lecture

Thanks TaliBane! And no I didn't repaint the eyes, as I thought the decals they used were actually pretty good. The eyes do look a bit narrower in these pics, but it's probably just the lighting making it look that way.

Ok I realize absolutely no one likes this sculpt :lol, but I was getting tired of waiting for the HT version and already had most of the Bespin parts laying around, so decided to try repainting the head to see if that might help at all. It's still not great, and obviously a bit oversized, but it works well enough for now and lets me finally have a Bespin Han in the collection.

View attachment 473092

View attachment 473093

View attachment 473094

View attachment 473095

That looks pretty damn good Dave! I would have a hard time saying which Han sculpt I think is best. I never loved the Jnix like some do, but I have seen it look good with the right paintjob. I think Ton Ton had one painted by Silent Surfer that looked pretty nice.

I wonder when Hot Toys will do Hoth Han and Luke, seems like it could still be 2-4 years away.

That looks pretty damn good Dave! I would have a hard time saying which Han sculpt I think is best. I never loved the Jnix like some do, but I have seen it look good with the right paintjob. I think Ton Ton had one painted by Silent Surfer that looked pretty nice.

I wonder when Hot Toys will do Hoth Han and Luke, seems like it could still be 2-4 years away.

My sideshow Hoth Han and Luke are both using their helmeted sculpt, while their uncovered sculpts sit in my spare parts drawer. I've thought about bashing a Bespin Han with it for a while, but never got around to it. I do think the sculpt in-hand is pretty decent...

Picked this guy up locally today for the equivalent of $145.
A local comic shop was having a 50% off everything in stock sale.
I grabbed a Boba Helmet too.
Not a bad days shopping.
102200eb573d018d1cfb836b2b6d46e5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

I wonder if Hot Toys will do Hoth versions of Luke and Han. I had the Sideshow versions pre-ordered way back in the day but I wound up cancelling.

Really want Hot Toys to do Hoth Han and Luke, and think they will.

I think Han in blue coat might be one of my favorite versions of the character. It's the biggest departure from his usual getup, and while I'm in the brown coat camp for accuracy, the blue SS version looked so damn cool on the shelf.

I wonder if Hot Toys will do Hoth versions of Luke and Han. I had the Sideshow versions pre-ordered way back in the day but I wound up cancelling.

Really want Hot Toys to do Hoth Han and Luke, and think they will.

I think Han in blue coat might be one of my favorite versions of the character. It's the biggest departure from his usual getup, and while I'm in the brown coat camp for accuracy, the blue SS version looked so damn cool on the shelf.

I dunno - we've had an absolute avalanche of Lukes in the past 2-3 years from Hot Toys, shown or POed, either new, re-releases or re-dos. Bespin V.2, Jedi, Snowspeeder, Endor, even a DX set with the sandstorm outfit (I'm leaving out multiple ST Lukes.)

Then with OT Han there's been nothing (other than smirk stormie Han from a few years ago) but this weird situation of Han Bespin - his most iconic ESB look - strongly rumored for possibly as much as 5 years, actually shown in Leia Bespin's preview pics TWO years ago. And yet absolutely nothing, not even previewed.

Maybe HT might see Hoth as another opportunity to re-use that same standard Luke face sculpt for the fifth time, but those Luke/Han situations I'm describing above suggest to me that Luke or Han Hoth may be further away than we think.

I dunno - we've had an absolute avalanche of Lukes in the past 2-3 years from Hot Toys, shown or POed, either new, re-releases or re-dos. Bespin V.2, Jedi, Snowspeeder, Endor, even a DX set with the sandstorm outfit (I'm leaving out multiple ST Lukes.)

Then with OT Han there's been nothing (other than smirk stormie Han from a few years ago) but this weird situation of Han Bespin - his most iconic ESB look - strongly rumored for possibly as much as 5 years, actually shown in Leia Bespin's preview pics TWO years ago. And yet absolutely nothing, not even previewed.

Maybe HT might see Hoth as another opportunity to re-use that same standard Luke face sculpt for the fifth time, but those Luke/Han situations I'm describing above suggest to me that Luke or Han Hoth may be further away than we think.

Yeah I'm not expecting it anytime soon, either, but outside the Bespin re-release you only have two more main Luke figures -- X-Wing and Hoth.

For Han you have the long-awaited Bespin, and then Endor, both of which I would guess would see the light of day before a Hoth figure, so yeah it will likely be a while. Could be 2 or 3 years before even glimpsing one at a show.

They can't ignore a hero that was Kennerized back in the day. And at this point with all the Luke re-use I'd guess they are indeed trying to get one Ford sculpt to knock out the remaining Han figures. There did seem to be a big wait for Jedi Luke before the deluge.

Back