Sideshow Hoth Han Solo (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Without the larger coat on, the head kinda looks enormous (and I don't think it's just the bad photos making it look that way either).

Yeah, but with the larger coat on it looks tiny.

img_0988.jpg

:wink1:

bmarz1000 said:
Really. I wonder what kind of prerequisites one needs to be a SS reviewer?

The ability to make figures look distorted in every photograph they take.

Plus, it helps to lie about being a huge fan of the subject in hand. And then go on public record and completely undermine yourself!

:lecture

Well took me a while to decide, but cancelled my exclusive Han.
Man I wanted to like this (and get a Hoth set up) so much...but with all the issues, decided to wait for something better or get them on a good discount.

OR maybe in a couple of years HT will do them and improve on the faces.

OR maybe in a couple of years HT will do them and improve on the faces.

:rotfl

I just ordered the exclusive today. I have little doubt that someday another version of a Hoth Han may be released, but I won't speculate who it will be from. Neither HT nor Sideshow may have the license when that happens, who knows. But between now and then, I'll have this figure on the shelf. If that day ever comes, there's no guarantee the new product will be even half as good (look at HT's Old Ben compared to Sideshow's), and if I ever decide to unload this, it's not unexpected that I'll do so at a profit (far too many examples to list).

But, please put money into the new Apple Watch or any Apple product instead, as I don't own any stock in Sideshow but do in Apple. :)

I think the only reason I'm still holding onto my order is just out of curiosity to see what the damn thing looks like in hand. More than out of any interest or excitement over actually owning one. Lol

Well... that and the fact I already made a flex payment and don't want to have to pay a cancellation fee. :p

None of the SW releases cause any excitement for me any more. Over the past year I've been wowed by a few releases from companies most of us have never heard of and of course by Threezero/ThreeA (into which I've jumped with both feet). That said, I'm still looking forward to these Hoth figures and Taunraun more-so than any other SW release of the past few years (including others still on pre-order). And while I have some questions/issues, I think they look very good overall.

Yeah I still think it could make for a good display, and I don't think it's nearly as bad as people are making it out to be... but ultimately I just can't shake the feeling that there are much better and cooler figures out there I could be spending that $200 on instead.

But oh well. I can always just return it or sell it later on ebay if I don't like it I guess.

You fixed Indy, Grievous and the rest... you WILL fix this.:lol

Do you guys think that we almost conditioned these companies into taking little shortcuts? For example both Hoth Han and Luke being the same height. Why not use a tall and regular size prometheus for this release? Do you think it's almost assumed at this point that we will futz, switch bodies, repaint heads, etc. anyway ? I have to spend another $40-50 on another body after spending over $400 on these two figures , just to have them look decent next to each other. Granted I DON'T have to, but I shouldn't have to either....rant over.

Last edited:
Looking at those figures side by side - and they look great to me - I think its funny that they share so many parts, like the sleeves and boots. You can see the same economies of scale on the Hasbro versions.

The height thing is funny too, but as someone said, if you have both you can also swap the bodies (they should market them as interactive toys!).

So the rollercoaster hasn't stopped yet, huh. I fall behind 50 pages to come back and catch up and find the worst possible pics that deflated all confidence. Read on, read on.... just a case of the worlds worst pics and distortion. PHEW! Keep going... catch the reviews (Bomb Show, IGN, CA, Opti.)... BEAUTIFUL. The eyes are far from perfect but overall better than expected. Luke's looking solid too. Finally at ease and genuinely pumped for Han, Luke & TaunTauns.... and they switched the fkin' bodies. Come on man. I. Mean. Come. On.

Back