Sideshow Hoth Han Solo (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gave them both the snow treatment as i mentioned in luke thread its early doors.
10855151_959066640771617_500423606995658653_o.jpg

11001611_959066630771618_8116748025075315063_o.jpg

while the height topic is still brewing mine seems to be the same height i took this before adding snow...excuse the mess lol
DSC_2979batman.jpg

while the height topic is still brewing mine seems to be the same height i took this before adding snow...

Any clues as to why the pants look like they sit lower on Solo (padded knee area to top of boot length)? Maybe Rory can chime in here since he's done complete body replacements.

here you go, for what it's worth.
View attachment 171962Obviously the weathering would be finished off once the figure is in hand. I also boiled and flexed the soles to get some wrinkles in the upper, similar to what I did with HT Indy boots - although they don't show up that well in the pic

I was thinking the same for Luke, but interestingly, Luke wears both the Bespin style and the white stripe style boots during the Hoth battle, so I guess no white paint needed for Luke at least.

Gave them both the snow treatment as i mentioned in luke thread its early doors.
10855151_959066640771617_500423606995658653_o.jpg

Awesome!

I just hope Han's jacket isn't too short after the taller body swap. That Hoth coat is supposed to be quite long.

Any clues as to why the pants look like they sit lower on Solo (padded knee area to top of boot length)? Maybe Rory can chime in here since he's done complete body replacements.
I don't really know as my bodies seem to have been the right way round. I've broken both down now, I will compare the pants side by side tomorrow. I'm guessing they are the same as there are quite a few reused elements between the two. I was amazed that the boots and hands are the same between the two figures, particularly the hand sculpts.

I don't really know as my bodies seem to have been the right way round. I've broken both down now, I will compare the pants side by side tomorrow. I'm guessing they are the same as there are quite a few reused elements between the two. I was amazed that the boots and hands are the same between the two figures, particularly the hand sculpts.

Sideshow, them cheap bast..........:mad:

he might be a fraction taller, but its not something that bothers me, they are only displayed side by side untill my tauntaun gets here

Not tempted to do a body swap? I'm in the same boat, I have a Tauntaun coming so it's unlikely they'll ever be on the same plane. Will probably be a moot point.

Waiting to have them in hand before i decide but will probably try a body swap. By the way, if anyone wishes to share a list of the best bodies for both Luke and Han to replace Sideshow's, i'll gladly take it.

while the height topic is still brewing mine seems to be the same height i took this before adding snow...excuse the mess lol
DSC_2979batman.jpg

Hans eyes are the same height as the nose tip of Luke, so obviously Han is much shorter. I don't know how much it would translate to 1:1 but Luke would be a good 3-4 cm taller I guess.

Boots are the same height, so the body being shorter would cause that wouldn't it?

It has to be the bodies. The boots are the same height but Han is indisputably shorter. It's hard to see with the dark background but if you zoom in you can see everything from the shoulders to the eyes are 1/4"-1/2" lower than Luke's

Please do. I'm ready to forgive a lot for this release but crooked heights and proportions are things that spin me crazier than something like how the eyes turned out

I will do a side by side later with the two bodies.

Did the pro bodies look the same when you took the figures apart? The short and tall pros have very different midsections--you should be able to tell just by that. But even things like the forearms are different lengths on the short and tall pros.

Back