Sideshow Forrum getting bad rep.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wOEoypt.gif

:lol :lol :lol

Ok then.

Is there a "toyark.com getting a bad rep" thread?

How about "Rebelscum.com getting a bad rep"?

"Statue forum.com getting a bad rep"?

Onesixthrepublic.com getting a bad rep"?

I couldnt find any thread on those respective sites with those titles. And i have a feeling i couldnt find them because they dont exist.

But i DID find "sideshow forum getting bad rep".

So OP is a little bit sensitive that ONE spamming guy has a grudge against this forum....
A whole lot of drama over nothing. Its just one attention seeking youtube collector that got mad about the sharing of his vids in here

The fact that he keeps bringing up this forum in his vids shows that he still wants the attention of the people in this forum.

Last edited:
The facebook thing I find strange. I believe it is worse and it is more toxic, from what I can see. And yet this is people posting with their real identities. Surely people should be much more restrained when they're posting as themselves.

Personally I don't participate in any groups or any page relating to this hobby on facebook. It's one thing getting into a flamewar with DarthSmeg2000 in a forum and another thing being in a flame war as yourself with other 'real people' on facebook - where all your facebook friends and family can potentially see it playing out. **** that.

Ok then.

I couldnt find any thread on those respective sites with those titles. And i have a feeling i couldnt find them because they dont exist.

Do this matter to you? I mean I guess I can see why it might matter to Dave....

So OP is a little bit sensitive that ONE spamming guy has a grudge against this forum....
A whole lot of drama over nothing. Its just one attention seeking youtube collector that got mad about the sharing of his vids in here

The fact that he keeps bringing up this forum in his vids shows that he still wants the attention of the people in this forum.

That's what I got out of it

The facebook thing I find strange. I believe it is worse and it is more toxic, from what I can see. And yet this is people posting with their real identities. Surely people should be much more restrained when they're posting as themselves.

Personally I don't participate in any groups or any page relating to this hobby on facebook. It's one thing getting into a flamewar with DarthSmeg2000 in a forum and another thing being in a flame war as yourself with other 'real people' on facebook - where all your facebook friends and family can potentially see it playing out. **** that.

I can still tell who is who from the forums

An aside, but a funny thing I've observed is that people create alter egos on Facebook to use for Facebook posts of this sort. I joined one of these awhile back, but after realizing the number of people who were just trying to transform Facebook into their own version of SSF or whatever, I left. I've also seen, just through posts on this forum, that some folks will create Facebook groups and then go on a power trip banning members who don't agree with them, etc. I guess that's another way to quell dissent. . .could be the reason this forum has and keeps the "getting a bad rep" type thread while others don't is that Dave isn't afraid of a little transparency.

Facebook is worse than any forum

Facebook is where I've seen some of the worst aspects of...everything!

Seriously its a danger to humanity imho.

:exactly: :lecture :clap

Ok then.

Budget Stark sock account?

I'm only a apart of SSF and OSR on FB iDK about the other forum's and have no need or urge to join any other forum's. OSW felt very confusing navigating thru any of it when my search lead me there on few searches. The only time's I have ran into bad reps is from FB people or youtubers who think they are be all end all reviewer's and again damn touchy who down any negative remarks or suggestions. Again i have nothing but good things about this forrum. We have a lot of Talent in this place from modding to custom's to amazing photog's to buying selling . We may joke a bit here but what else gonna do while we wait for release's. Maybe i should change the thread title to getting False bad rep from dumb @$$ haters.

Well his opinion is his opinion. Even if he said the whole group is toxic that's just one persons opinion. Doesn't affect SSF one bit. I simply turned off when he was rating Facebook pages as I find all of them not appealing to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You wrote it was just one's person's opinion. I haven't read the entire thread, but these are posted on the first page.

This is a good site but make no mistake, it is extremely catty. Look how many legit forum members have bailed...Budget Stark, Sideshow reps (and other independent companies) that use to post here...countless sixth scale artists (some legends).. The admin/mods allow forum members to dog the stars of the industry but, hey, we can't disrespect someone's inflated scalper prices in the bst thread...:slap

Just some of the reasons this site is seen as the Wal-Mart of sixth scale forums...

I love this place, to be honest. I think negativity overall has increased over the years, but honestly, that's how it is in many places. I was literally just reading another thread here similar to this one, and someone there said (in so many words) all of this competition among companies brings it out in collectors. People have more room to be choosy and with that, comes the criticism (and in many cases, the negativity). And I tend to agree. That's just my assessment, whether true or not.

Like I said though, this has been my 'home' for a long time. I love this place. You may need some 'thicker' skin in various threads, but I try to brush it off. I get all of my collectible news here - heck, even my movie news. :lol

Meh, this site deserves pretty much all the bad press it gets.

I understand the bad rep.

I stay here because of the latest news and because of some people il Ike and respect, but that's about it.

I'm fed up with the disappearing posts or thread.

I'm fed up with people jumping at each other's throat for nothing and being unable to discuss anything civilly.

I'm fed up with the customs section that's become a harbor for greedy people taking advantage of others.

I'm fed up with collectors that just see collecting as an investment and only think about the resell value.

That board has become the shadow of what it should be and what it used to be: a place for friends and sharing for a great hobby, a place where collectors help each other's and not where they prey on each other.

Sadly, becoming huge is what it does. It's a reflection of our world, and since our world isn't such a good place, it's no wonder that SSF has lost its luster...

I didnt watch the entire video but Budget Stark stated: "I didnt like a large majority of the collector's attitudes [on SSF] and it's just a littlle bit too toxic for me."

Does he mention anyone specifically? Or by name? Or any particular thread?

Again, I didn't watch the entire video.

Sounds like he summed SSF up pretty succinctly. :lecture

Exactly. :lol :goodpost: :lol

Back