Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys,

I've just received mine today. It's a very nice piece in hands.

The tusks were well protected with some foam and I have no scratchs on the helmet.

But there's a weird "issue" on this one, on both helmets :

Helet-issue-2.jpg

Helmet-issue-1.jpg

I hope you can see what I'm talking about. The space between the eyebrow ? The "glabella". This is supposed to be perfectly round right ?

On mine it looks like there's a small piece missing or a bad mold... This is something known ? Should I ask a replacement from my seller ?

Thanks. :)

Not the most ideal solution, but you could clasp the cape hooks together and make a decent ESB look like I did. Side note, I found a SS ANH vader at my LCS for $70! Couldn't pass it up so I came home and put the bodysuit on my other Vader and couldn't be happier with it.

$70! Lucky guy. What did you do with the rest of the figure?

I put the newer bodysuit on it(wonky fit but its hidden under the robes) and popped the second ROTJ dome on it. Looks fantastic as well. I never had any interest in the ANH version until I bought it. I liked it so much in fact that I just bought another one on ebay. :lol This one comes with an lforigno cape/robe, cathode saber, and a Hasbro dome. All for $150. :panic: Hasn't shipped yet so we'll see in a couple of days if it was too good to be true.

Arrived today.. my first sideshow collectible! It doesn't leave the best impression when the box arrives bashed up, pretty damaged.. not an ounce of bubble wrap in the box they shipped it in. The figure is fine thankfully since it's well protected inside but the Vader box itself is really banged up.. A little more protection inside the shipping box would've been nice.

Arrived today.. my first sideshow collectible! It doesn't leave the best impression when the box arrives bashed up, pretty damaged.. not an ounce of bubble wrap in the box they shipped it in. The figure is fine thankfully since it's well protected inside but the Vader box itself is really banged up.. A little more protection inside the shipping box would've been nice.

Congrats! Forget the box. Sucks the seller didn't pack it properly, it's kinda rude. But if the helmet is sweet, the tusks intact and the cape hem sharp then that's all that'd matter to me :)

Edit: unless you request a pack out, Sideshow would've shipped it the same way.

Congrats! Forget the box. Sucks the seller didn't pack it properly, it's kinda rude. But if the helmet is sweet, the tusks intact and the cape hem sharp then that's all that'd matter to me :)

Edit: unless you request a pack out, Sideshow would've shipped it the same way.

Yeah it's in perfect condition other than that.. so shiny, nice size. It's more the fault of the courier (who didn't even get a signature for the delivery, just dumped it at the front porch.. I just happened to check my tracking on the package and see that I had already 'signed' for it somehow, head out to the front door and there's the box sitting there.

Now I have a little gift card packaged in with it.. tempted by Commander Wolffe.

The fact that you have to pay extra to get a third box outside the "shipper box" for the actual figure box inside to arrive in decent condition indicates to me that the shipper box doesn't quite live up to it's name.

But with everything inside the box intact who gives a **** about the box? According to the poll there is a 50+% chance of something being wrong with this figure and since you dodged that bullet thank the lord and start your posing. :)

The fact that you have to pay extra to get a third box outside the "shipper box" for the actual figure box inside to arrive in decent condition indicates to me that the shipper box doesn't quite live up to it's name.

But with everything inside the box intact who gives a **** about the box? According to the poll there is a 50+% chance of something being wrong with this figure and since you dodged that bullet thank the lord and start your posing. :)

50% with something wrong? Yikes. I was in that group... the cod piece was unglued from the belt and the helmet had missing tusks. Sideshow made good on all of them though.

The box being in perfect condition is good for resale.

However, I have never had a problem with the way sideshow ships their packages now. I actually like it way better than when they used to pack it out because enviable the shipper go torn to **** more.

The box being in perfect condition is good for resale.

This pretty much; if ever I decide to sell stuff on in the future I find it a lot easier with the packaging in good condition.

Anyway... not a bad way to start off the Sideshow Star Wars collection. :)

Re: Darth Vader ESB? ROTJ?

Sorry folks that I am being lazy...:monkey3 I want to switch my TESB Vader helmet, box, belt over to my KP-02 body frame. Having difficulties attaching the helmet. I have been searching but no luck regarding which date this was possible done?

Any recommendations please for this novice please?

Thank you.

Sorry wrong thread. :slap

Last edited:
Mine will actually arrive today....can't wait to get this piece out and look at it

Indeed - that's a great idea Darksith. The hand is a nice touch.

It's also a great use for some of those little Hasbro holo figures. Padme & Boba Fett are probably the best suited for 'holo projection' type pieces. The rest are in action poses, although you could justify that in certain cases, because you did see that in the films in specific scenes.

I was going to try & make a chess set out of all the holos I'd collected - but gave up on that idea ages ago. :lol

Back