Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went ahead and ordered again. I returned one when he was first released due to a broken tusk. Hopefully this time all goes well.

Hi guys,
I'm new here and just got my Darth Vader SSC!!!! Whooot love it it's AWESOME!!!......
but I wasn't happy with his head so I made some modifications to it :p What do you think?...

WP_20151201_19_07_53_Pro.jpg
WP_20151201_19_08_48_Pro.jpg

Looks really good! One of SSC's best efforts. I was examining my Vader the other day and I still love it. Tied with my Carnall Sith Anakin for being my favorite piece.

Hi guys,
What did I do you ask...can't recognise it you say :D I couldn't believe it myself to be honest but read on...
Well my SSC looks wrong to me as nice as it is. So I went looking on the forums and discovered the kit people are buying
to change the mask to make him look more like the ANH version. (My personal favourite). I found one on Ebay a few days ago and put it on my watch list.
I let it go this morning after looking at this model again as for me it will do.
I will be re-casting this and adding a neck area that is the only real flaw I can see. This head is made from a rubbery vinyl but quite solid as it is. What is this and where did it come from you ask... :D

Guys.. I present to you... believe it or not a really...really nice... top of a $3.00 Darth Vader bath soap bottle!!..from the local grocery store, that I prefer over the Sideshow version
that costs about 40X the price. Yes 40X ($130 on Ebay occasionally).

WP_20151202_06_58_52_Pro.jpg
WP_20151202_07_00_35_Pro.jpg
WP_20151202_07_01_45_Pro.jpg
WP_20151202_07_02_31_Pro.jpg

I know its not perfect but it's better than my current one....So this weekend I am going to buy several more of these for backup and try to work out how to cast it effectively. I have sculpey clay... latex rubber and liquid plastic ready to go so ~hopefully~ this will work out well after a few small changes...tusks and neckline.. $3.00 (THREE DOLLARS!) :D love it!.

7c408a8bac6446d1361b15ae50ccc375.jpg

So, my Vader's helmet got scratched when I put him upright in his box and he fell over as I took him to another house. The scratch is to the left of the reflection of the lights.

Is there any way I can fix this? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Still looking to sell mine. Check my BST. Have box shipper and everything. Get him cheaper than at sideshow.

7c408a8bac6446d1361b15ae50ccc375.jpg

So, my Vader's helmet got scratched when I put him upright in his box and he fell over as I took him to another house. The scratch is to the left of the reflection of the lights.

Is there any way I can fix this? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Try using toothpaste and a soft cloth to buff out the scratch. That looks like a nasty scratch so it may not fix it completely but it will improve it.

Use a dab of toothpaste and just rub it with the cloth in a small circular motion. You'll have to apply moderate pressure. Once you're done, polish it with the clean area of the cloth. I did this with my first Vader dome and it worked.

Let us know the results. Good luck.

Try using toothpaste and a soft cloth to buff out the scratch. That looks like a nasty scratch so it may not fix it completely but it will improve it.

Use a dab of toothpaste and just rub it with the cloth in a small circular motion. You'll have to apply moderate pressure. Once you're done, polish it with the clean area of the cloth. I did this with my first Vader dome and it worked.

Let us know the results. Good luck.
Alright, much appreciated. I'll let you guys know when I've done so.

Got inspired by the photos and talk to finally do something to my Vader as well.

Stripped him down and wrapped gauze bandage around his thighs and forearms. It cured most of the 'groin crease' problem, but not completely because putting the shin part of the boots back on always forces the suit back up a bit.

I think Clipperking cut the bottom off the suit legs and stuck the remainder down. It's a bit drastic for me, but it's a tempting procedure.
Hey, I understand it's been a while since you made this post but I'm looking to improve my Vader. Mind telling me exactly how many layers of gauze you wrapped around his limbs, and where exactly you applied the gauze to his thighs?

Hey, I understand it's been a while since you made this post but I'm looking to improve my Vader. Mind telling me exactly how many layers of gauze you wrapped around his limbs, and where exactly you applied the gauze to his thighs?

I don't remember how many. I just wrapped it round a few times and stopped before I thought it would be too difficult to get the suit back over. It went round his thigh up to the crotch joint. It's not a perfect solution but the horizontal creases in the suit aren't as sharp as they were before.

I don't remember how many. I just wrapped it round a few times and stopped before I thought it would be too difficult to get the suit back over. It went round his thigh up to the crotch joint. It's not a perfect solution but the horizontal creases in the suit aren't as sharp as they were before.
Alright, thanks. Mind posting some pictures of your figure if/when you're able?

Alright, thanks. Mind posting some pictures of your figure if/when you're able?

This is a photo of what the creases were like when I first had him:

12101584033_b26e06d152_o.jpg

And with the padding:

22886514313_a8e2aaaa61_o.jpg

It's a really frustrating figure, because you can take the boots off and pull the suit legs down tight and make the creases completely disappear. But as soon as you put the boot shins on they push the material back up.

He'll forever be a background or standing in a corner figure.

This is a photo of what the creases were like when I first had him:

12101584033_b26e06d152_o.jpg

And with the padding:

22886514313_a8e2aaaa61_o.jpg

It's a really frustrating figure, because you can take the boots off and pull the suit legs down tight and make the creases completely disappear. But as soon as you put the boot shins on they push the material back up.

He'll forever be a background or standing in a corner figure.
Alright, much appreciated!

Dude i just pulled the material down, cut off the excess and glued the suit down by his ankles and wrist. Looks great now. Creases gone.

Dude i just pulled the material down, cut off the excess and glued the suit down by his ankles and wrist. Looks great now. Creases gone.

I know that was ClipperKing's solution, but I've been avoiding taking the scissors to him. Maybe one day, but by that time I'll have a HT Vader.

I don't know if anyone mentioned this yet. He is for sale at the Launch Bay inside Disneyland. and if you have a friend whos a castmember, they currently get a 40% discount. ;) I bought him yesterday for a nice $187.89! I couldn't pass on that deal.

Back