Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah that broken tusk debacle was crazy! wonder how many heads they had to scrap!!?!

your pic above looks really good tho! :clap

I'm also holding onto my SSC Vader until HT does a ROTJ Vader, didn't see the point in switching since I like the ESB/ROTJ costume better and SSC throws a boatload of accessories whereas HT ANH Vader doesn't. The SSC Vader definitely is a good figure (particularly for SSC figs), but has some room for improvement. Kinda get the feeling it'll be a long long while until HT will do a ROTJ Vader, well after SSC is done with their run.

If HT does another Vader I really hope they finally fix this height thing. I don't understand why they and SS make him so tall. And with HT's new Vader the helmet sits so high off the shoulders. They do a great job with troopers and other figures, not sure why no one can get Vader right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20151112_205854-1.jpg im still pretty happy with mine. Rather use the 300 towards boba or whenever emperor.

Yea the new HT one is nice. Still think the robe and cape are superior on SS's. And the lights, though not accurate to ANH, are nice. Oh and the gloves don't look like bare fingers. :lol

That HT helmet and mask though....

After all the shots of the new HT Vader, I decided to mod my SS Vader some more.

I dremeled his waist, hips and lower rib cage more to reduce the overall size of his midsection and hips. I also shortened his crotch guard, made it thinner, and added new straps to hold it. Finally, since I absolutely hated how the SS cape draped (plus it was too long since shortening him), I finally made a new cape for him. I'm still considering making him a new tunic that drapes better, as well.

Except for the midsection, which I replaced with a TT one, and the cape, everything is still original Sideshow, simply modded.

The total list of changes I made since the beginning:
  • Replace midsection with TT one (to shorten)
  • Shorten forearms
  • Thicken arms
  • Lower dome
  • Thin down sides (for his arms to be able to come in more) and lower ribcage
  • Thin waist/hips
  • Flatten and shorten crotch armor
  • New cape

IMG_6384_2.jpg

IMG_6380_2_small.jpg

IMG_6392_2_small.jpg

IMG_6412_2_small.jpg

I popped into this thread to ask how to shorten him and I see this custom. Great work man, going to do the midsection swap myself to get him to the right height as soon as mine arrives this week!

Was hoping this figure would have a nice discount for BF at SS instead of just the free shipping since Hot Toys Vader was released and this still have not sold out.

Finally purchased this using $55 RP from spooktacular and black Friday week and taking advantage of the free shipping.

Last edited:
Back