Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My vader with the cold cathode saber.

image.jpg

Will these HT figures have light up sabers? Pixel has been working his magic for years now it is amazing that no company has jumped on it yet. A saber is not a saber unless it lites up,

Will these HT figures have light up sabers? Pixel has been working his magic for years now it is amazing that no company has jumped on it yet. A saber is not a saber unless it lites up,

Maybe a light up feature, but definitely not like pixels.

i'd rather not see light-up sabers. TPM Obi-Wan's light up saber was a total mess. Now, if HT have to offer those, i'd like them to include a regular (non light-up) ignited saber for alternate displays.

Looking at my shelve I realise all my HT are customized. Except for Thor, because the new headsculpt replaced the old one and that figure is fabulous with it. So. Yeah also modified with their own brand but still!

I think there's a better chance of a unicorn running down the streets of Manhattan today, than there is of the upcoming Hot Toys Vader being so perfect that someone doesn't start a dedicated mod thread or process within the discussion thread. Hot Toys makes very high quality figures, but there will always be issues - this applies to everyone in this game. To expect any different is to set yourself up for a let-down.

Last edited:
Just look how tall the Vader from HT looks... I'm sure it will have issues.

For now I'm keeping my Kenobi and ANH Vader; but will also buy the HT figures. Worst case scenario I sell mine after the fact and take a hit... but I wouldn't be surprised if having both and doing some mix-and-match might be the best way to do it.

I've mentioned this in other threads, but I bet that teaser Vader in the face off pic, is just the SSC ANH Vader with a modded Bespin Luke ex Vader head.

Of course, I could be wrong though.. :lol

Back