Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No way to tell what body Old Ben is on, though. We'll need to wait until we have HT's Vader in hand to know anything definitive. I'd be really surprised if they messed-up the height, but you never know. Despite all the complaints about their first ED-209's rubber dome cracking, they still released their new ED with a rubber dome, so collectors complaining about something isn't a guarantee that they'll listen. Part of me would be kinda happy if his height is off, just to stick it to some of the whiny fanboys around here.

It may be too early to tell if it is or isn't. How tall was Alec Guinness; 5'10"? Vader is 6'8" on a good day. Proportions may be correct but I'd need to see a SSC Vader vs Old Ben, or OB1, with lots of great action shots highlighting that awesome sculpt, to judge.

My Sideshow Vader arrived last night after i finished my 6 month payment plan :)
It is awesome. I can safely say at the prices these thing are that I have less than 0%interest in the Hot Toys Vader.

Ashs_Sympathies.jpg

Plus, Luke was in a Slim TT which is a bit shorter than say an advanced or narrow shoulder. Admittedly Vader does look rather tall, but its hard to tell at this early stage. I desperately want them to get three things correct overall: a) height b) the dome and mask c) the suit.

I think it's the angle that makes Obi-wan look small. And maybe some croutching that makes the head look huge. Vaders dome looks incredibly wide as well due I guess to the angle.

Vader should be 13.25" tall in 1/6th.

CORRECTION: just found a 1/6 calculator and if Vader is 6.7' then in 1/6 he should be 13.4" -- so 13.5 is correct. Although on the shelf that feels a bit tall to me.

13.25" would be the sweet spot for me, too, where he's still imposingly tall but not overly so. If I'd had the druthers to mod my ESB Vader, 13.25" was my target height. Alas, I am too lazy.

I've resorted to using modified HT bodies, namely Roadblock, MoS Supes and Zod, to get a good height and articualtion with the SSC Vader. The poseability has to be good enough for him to kneel before the Emperor.

vader-kneeling.jpg

vader-kneels.jpg

emperora.jpg

Vader should never kneel.

Agreed, but he had to look loyal to get close to his enemy.

When I was a kid and before Ep.6 was released I hoped that Vader would kill the Emperor and become Emperor Vader*. I've thought many times over the years of how his suit might change if he were Emperor.

(And ROTJ would have ended with Luke killing Vader and becoming Emperor, thus ending the war.)

Prowse was about 6'10" in full costume, so I'm guess sir Alec was 6' or over...vader never seemed to tower over him as much as I recalled as a kid

In pics, Kenobi seems to be about 3PO's height, who is an inch or so taller than Luke. I think 3PO is supposed to be just under 12" in 1/6.

In a lot of their duel pics, Vader is hunched/crouched a bit.

Back