Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally have him. So far no damage. He's an impressive figure and blows my old Ep3 medi version out of the water. Only complaints are the dome (it's slightly too small) and the light saber (blade is too thick). I love the scale and quality!

2nukeib.jpg

love how you used the tony stark base :clap

A few pictures of my Vader. I am going to run with the pointing for a bit. It feels like it is in motion rather than a pose......"For your sake" or "your a liar and a traitor take him away"..

IMG3606_zpsf653d320.jpg
[/URL]

12418739313_082baa586a_o.jpg

sorry I saw ghetto Vader for a second there.

Also I found my inner robe (left side) wrinkly. A few sharp creases here and there (thats why I have not done full body shot yet). Any solutions? Ironing tips?

Thanks
I have that problem with my ANH Leia's white gown... right across her boobs. I've tried soaking it in warm water, massaging the creased area (of her gown, not her boobs- though I was tempted) to relax the fibers, then carefully blowing it dry with a hair dryer ON her body, so it would dry in the shape of her chest... It didn't work, crease still there.

I'm sure the Vader robe is a different type of material, but it's still a synthetic. You might try wetting the robe in warm water, massage only around the creased area while wet, (avoid disturbing the bottom of the robe to prevent fraying) then loosely roll up the robe from side-to-side, like a cigar, and let it air dry naturally. The rolling side-to-side might help remove the crease, and as the robe dries it will make any gentle folds at the finish run vertical, not horizontal.
Hope this helps...

The Sideshow Vader just looks a little weak be comparison to me. I really hope Hot Toys makes one someday.

Really??? I don't think those are good pictures (no offense to the guys who took them). Even the Hot Toys Luke's face looks weird. As well as his lack of neck and that weird extra long left arm. It's all in the futz and the photos.
See my pictures a couple of posts back for a better look at the new Vader.

Last edited:

Some different pics and suit comparison in the modification thread.

Why is Vader cursing that one spot on the roof? Did the painter do a bad job? He shouldn't have paid in advance.

I have that problem with my ANH Leia's white gown... right across her boobs. I've tried soaking it in warm water, massaging the creased area (of her gown, not her boobs- though I was tempted) to relax the fibers, then carefully blowing it dry with a hair dryer ON her body, so it would dry in the shape of her chest... It didn't work, crease still there.

Oh my. A little 50 Shades of Star Wars going on there.

At the risk of sounding like a Hot Toys fanboy, these two look like a set

Too late.

At the risk of sounding like a Hot Toys fanboy, these two look like a set:

more than these two do:

The Sideshow Vader just looks a little weak be comparison to me. I really hope Hot Toys makes one someday.
Your right bespin luke and ANH vader dont go together....

There are issues with the Vader that have been pointed out repeatedly - totally fair. But this comment is a bit off base. I don't think Hot Toys could make a Vader figure any better than Sideshow. We'd be talking about a number of issues with whatever product they produced also. The only Hot Toys-like thing I wish Sideshow would have paid attention to for this release is the box - the released box and packing materials are not Deluxe quality by any stretch of the imagination.

Back