Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please explain. I thought he was so modest and didn't want the credits?

Well, it seemed he was a constant pain in the arse and was almost fired a few times. He complained about not getting the recognition the others got and couldn't come to terms with the fact he was just a big guy in the suit. He leaked material to the press on several occasions which almost lead to him being replaced entirely by Lucas.

Maybe Prowse acted like a jerk in some way- but at least he is in no way responsible for episodes I through III.
That would be the obscenely rich arse, Lucas. Jar Jar Binks anyone? Young Vader/Anakin built C-3P0? Yippee?
I will restrain myself....

I'm sure lots of actors were difficult at times during filming, some more than others; Prowse doesn't have a monopoly on that.
He just (as reported) acted like a jerk in a way that was eventually written about in SW 'making of' lore.
Is it possible that others were occasionally difficult too, and it just never was 'documented'? Of course it is.

I see no reason to deny him a simple tip o' the hat for being the man behind the mask, based purely on something
written in a book about him, true or not.

Last edited:
Good review. Like how they break down the outfits and bodies in their reviews (base body looks surprisingly good, too -- really like that shoulder articulation). Wish they'd stop with the 'comedy' intros, though. This one was the worst in a while, lol.

Ugh I know. I really enjoy Wendy's reviews but I despise the guy....I don't even know his name because i try to tune him out as much as possible lol

I've heard Prowse say in recent interviews how happy he was on the day Richard Marquand died. That's just bad form and basically confirms a lot of the negative things I've read about him.

d09381b3803209e6f37f523992654a58_zps5f6e7af9.jpg

4a79c77dbe456c6b0418f9aa791a5c5d_zpsdcdbe87c.jpg

1ff04e1567a7d839d0a3296431ab1aa7_zps37413707.jpg

6a1234c525ef60569c7104763a8c8422_zpsa466967b.jpg

87f010f68175483708cd346515f42086_zpsf4231029.jpg

I've heard Prowse say in recent interviews how happy he was on the day Richard Marquand died. That's just bad form and basically confirms a lot of the negative things I've read about him.

He shouldn't have said that but Prowse did have good (well, personal) reasons behind feelings towards certain people.

Marquand had a stroke and heart attack while driving his daughters from the airport. He didn't let them know anything was wrong until he got them home safely then died. Very tragic.

Regardless of what Prowse may have had against him professionally, if he truly said that about Marquands death he is an incomprehensible complete creep IMO.

He shouldn't have said that but Prowse did have good (well, personal) reasons behind feelings towards certain people.

From the behind the scenes material I have seen, I also gathered that Prowse was not easy to get along with. He did cause a lot of strife with press leaks. I seem to remember hearing that on set they had him act out that Vader killed Luke's father and not that he WAS his father. This could have been for other crew too though. As far as the movie is concerned I do not credit him with much other than filling a suit. The amazingness of Vader to me was his costume and voice.

If I was going to desire a character to be unmasked, I would love it to be Anthony Daniels. An R2 with a Kenny Baker popping out would be fun too.

Para those are the best pics I've seen so far. Bravo. :clap:

Also I received my replacement helmet today in minty-mint condition. Now I gotta go home and destroy the original.

Lucas still has a grudge with the man - to this day apparently, after Prowse leaked spoiler info regarding ESB's plot details before the yes men could gag him.

I don't think that rift will ever mend. :lol

I remember those leaks, I was really bummed to hear about it before seeing the movie, it DID kill what would have been an EPIC story....well a more epic story.

Got my order in today. Hate that I missed the exclusive but I was never going to display the severed hand so no biggie. Hopefully it ships soon and they have corrected the QC issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back