Sideshow Darth Maul Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Based on the photos, Maul's been through quite a bit since Phantom Menace, the right side of his face is scarred up quite a bit. Also, small thing but notice the read around his chest, I think they painted Ray with a hint of the full tattoos like the comics established, would be cool to see him on screen showing the full thing in live action vs comics and cartoons.

Based on the photos, Maul's been through quite a bit since Phantom Menace, the right side of his face is scarred up quite a bit. Also, small thing but notice the read around his chest, I think they painted Ray with a hint of the full tattoos like the comics established, would be cool to see him on screen showing the full thing in live action vs comics and cartoons.

If you watched the interview with him on The Star Wars show yesterday, you can see that they did his makeup with silicone appliances, and now the tattoos are etched in, like the Hot Toys figure.

And unrelated, but kinda cool....Ewan McGregor was sitting beside him at the premier of Solo and when the scene came up Ewen started grabbing him and congratulating him on being back.

I caught that video yesterday, it was cool too see behind the scenes. I wonder if they'd stick with this method for the tattoos if Maul returns for a more prominent role. In the film clip, you can't noticed the sculpted tattoos, only in promo photos, and what's worse, they didn't even paint the black on within the lines everywhere, why do it if you can't even paint it right.

The bit about Ewan was great, I know he's expressed frustration with green screen acting on Star Wars, but I feel like overall he really enjoyed being part of it and would enjoy returning, I really hope an Obi-Wan film happens, and it seemed like he worked a lot with Park rehearsing on Phantom Menace so I'm sure they became friends, Park seems to be friends with a lot of Star Wars alum, even ones he didn't work directly with.

Does anyone have a link to that Park/McGregor video? I’d love to see that.

There's no video of it, it's an interview with Ray and he just talks about seeing the Solo premier and he was sat next to Ewan who was apparently excited for him being back as Maul.

not much of a fan of Ep1 but do love the design of Darth Maul and do own the Naboo version

that being said, I just saw Solo film and Parker on that YT Star Wars show
And Solo Maul version looks very damn awesome. And I really hope HT, Sideshow or a third party makes the Solo version

^^^ Looking very nice.

This pic has me more interested in the SS Maul than the HT Maul. It looks amazing with that cloak. I have yet to see a bad photo of this incredible head sculpt.

And so cool to hear about Ewan's reaction at the Solo premier!

That's the thing with this figure, I've never seen a figure where the quality of the figure shined whether the photograph came from a professional studio shoot or a quick cell phone shot the way this figure does. Even on the shelf it's one of the most impressive figures.

I think the only sorta issue that I might remotely have with the figure is the belt. For some reason it jus doesn't translate that well

I see sideshow has this up for pre-order due in October, do you think they will fix the eyes? I very much dislike the orange eyes with tiny red rings over the accurate yellow and red.

I was taking pics of some Maul sculpts for sale today and(With the Snake Eyes figure on my desk at work already), couldn't resist this...

C6AAC26D-44DE-4F9D-97A4-51F4D5AB401B.jpg

304CB6AC-ACDB-4F4A-B4BC-F5E894938F3A.jpg

973ABA19-B6EA-495D-ABBC-F146118FCDB9.jpg

^ Awesome pics!

I also took pics of this badass figure today.. gotta say, I preordered HT Maul with speeder, but I don't think they can make this perfect headsculpt, just perfect Maul character in the expression and likeness.. this is the best sideshow 1/6 figure for me. :)

IMG_2323.jpg

IMG_2326.jpg

IMG_2330.jpg

IMG_2316.jpg

Back