Sideshow Darth Maul Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There’s room for multiple Mauls in a collection.

FF1EEF97-64E2-4435-9109-20AF62D04EB2.jpeg

Hey guys, just wondering.. how's this SS Maul's head size compared to Hot Toys usual headsculpt size? is it roughly the same or a bit smaller?

I would say it's about the size of Hot Toys Jedi Luke, which, Luke being smaller, is bout right. Jedi Luke is the only HT Star Wars I have.

There’s room for multiple Mauls in a collection.

View attachment 421595

Danggg that Applause Maul takes me back!

I remember pre-ordering that from a local comic shop before TPM came out, and when it got to the store people were offering me $250 for it. I shoulda taken them up on it, I think I ended up giving that thing away a few years later!

Danggg that Applause Maul takes me back!

I remember pre-ordering that from a local comic shop before TPM came out, and when it got to the store people were offering me $250 for it. I shoulda taken them up on it, I think I ended up giving that thing away a few years later!

I still remember, I got mine for Christmas, a gift from my parents, I was so hopeful that they got it, I was certain which gift it was, so one day home alone I pried the top of the wrapping paper open and saw it was him. In my family we got to open one gift on Christmas eve, you know what I picked. For a long time I had Maul with the matching Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon dueling on my desk. Obi-Wan was good too, Qui-Gon didn't want to stand on his own.

I think this figure gets serious hate due to hot toys release. I think ss sculpt looks more human

The value of this figure definitely has dropped. I sold him for $140 shipped on ebay a few days ago

I’ll probably pick up HTs Maul too but no way I’m getting rid of this one. It looks too good on the shelf and so far I prefer SS’s sculpt over HT’s...never thought I’d say that about any SS figure...ever.

I agree with the statement that Sideshow looks more like a mini person, HT looks like a really nice figure, but something about the portrait feels like a collectible. Something about the way Sideshow’s paint catches light and all, it just gives an effect like skin and not plastic. What’s surprising is you look at a figure like Yondu, blue skin, but looks very alive in every photo, I’m not convinced as it is, if just fading the tattoo sculpt lines would be enough, I would say maybe it’s just lighting but we have con shots, JC Hong’s workshop pics and promotional shots and in all cases, the life isn’t there compared to Sideshow. I would almost call Sideshow’s figure lightning in a bottle, no Maul before or so far since, has captured the qualities they did in the portrait, and that is a compelling reason to hold onto it even if getting HT, but for value, if you don’t have either, HT’s overall product is more for your $ than Sideshow.

I love this Sideshow figure....it's staying right in the collection.

MAUL-25.jpg

I agree with Sean - this was a true "lightning in a bottle" moment for Sideshow. Thankfully, I'm not a slave to the whims of ebay values - don't pick them up to flip them - so this figure isn't losing any value on my shelf.

It will be interesting to see if we get more glimpses of the HT version during the next show/con season before it's release, and if it turns out any differently than what we saw on display already.

I love this Sideshow figure....it's staying right in the collection.

View attachment 422964

I agree with Sean - this was a true "lightning in a bottle" moment for Sideshow. Thankfully, I'm not a slave to the whims of ebay values - don't pick them up to flip them - so this figure isn't losing any value on my shelf.

It will be interesting to see if we get more glimpses of the HT version during the next show/con season before it's release, and if it turns out any differently than what we saw on display already.

Agree. I even think that I’ve lost interest in the HT version. I was sure I would end up with two Mauls, but unless they change the sculpts I don’t think I’m in anymore...
By the way, I love the SS Palestine projection. Though everyone visiting thinks it’s Virgin Mary 🤷🏼*♂️
9513be7385cff2325ee06fb9a4dcaec7.jpg

Back