Sideshow Darth Maul Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The headsculp is perfect on hand bro !
But it needs to repaint to give more skin texture, sideshow paint is too flat and dove finish..

Here's mine with complete repaint

46a072043d5e334c5748983f45683b79.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That skin texture looks fantastic!!!

It's the Terminator Genisys endoskeleton base which didn't come with any lights sadly, I took off the crappy floor labelling and removed the name plate and cleaned the sticky stuff off and painted it all black and then added a clear coating. Worked out great! I'm glad someone noticed lol.

I got the figure, but honestly I feel slightly disappointed, mainly because I feel very cheated

I was expecting this:

star-wars-darth-maul-sixth-scale-100156-06.jpg

But the headsculpt doesn't have that paint texturing, it's very blant compared to this picture

And the face itself looks angry in the picture, but in reality, it doesn't look very angry and agitating :|

The texture will show up under the right conditions in photos, but it is very subtle to the eye.

As for the expression, I don't see any difference.

40557966821_89604a9bc1_b.jpg

Without professional equipment, I can't capture the face painting close-up, however, I believe what* we see isn't what we get

%cOkXavITNW8XUCfwr6N6w.jpg

For example the eyes on the figure are pretty white, while on the photos, they are darker - I believe the figure that they took photos of, had a superior paint job

If you don't take my word for it, don't, but the Sideshow pictures show a textured paint job, and the figure I received doesn't have such a texture

I should feel happiness and excitement, I feel slight sadness with a hint of regret

Ok, seeing your actual figure, I get your disappointment.

I bought mine earlier this year based on collector photos here and I think it's safe to say we all got one similar to what I have and that's similar to the promotion photos.

The paint work on yours looks sloppy and half assed, wonder if it's from the later production run or something, this is the first I've seen anyone share with a paint job like this, and it certainly doesn't live up to the promo shots or what other collectors have received.

MAULCOMP.jpg

I bought mine earlier this year based on collector photos here and I think it's safe to say we all got one similar to what I have and that's similar to the promotion photos.

The paint work on yours looks sloppy and half assed, wonder if it's from the later production run or something, this is the first I've seen anyone share with a paint job like this, and it certainly doesn't live up to the promo shots or what other collectors have received.

View attachment 429732

Wow there's some really huge differences in those paint jobs. I would be disappointed too if I got the one on the left, but thankful mine looks more like Maulfan's on the right.

View attachment 429732

Wow. What a sharp observation! Your post made me look and recheck my SS Maul headsculpt's paintjob again, and I am so grateful that it looks like the right one. It's either SS did one sloppy paint job or they did a weaker paint job on later releases, maybe.. I never heard of any knock off SS Mauls, but if the left one's a knock off, they did a pretty good job on replicating the original ones!

I believe Sideshow had him up as preorder recently like they were doing more production, it's so close that my guess is that it's from a later production run and the QC dropped.

I would definitely get a replacement or refund, that is a bad figure, if you get a good one you'll be quite happy.

Back