Premium Format Sideshow Cara Dune Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The IS Mandalorian is apparently going to happen I have been told. Will be interesting to see if this Cara Dune happens. Sideshow has money tied up in R & D and I doubt they want to refund all the preorders. Hopefully this quietly flies under the radar. The fact that it's still able to be ordered is a good sign.

Good to know...and I hope the Sideshow purchased the right to use Cara's likeness/costume outright, and there's nothing Disney/LFL can do about it, after the pettiness of pulling all of the HASBRO stuff.

Same for Iron Studios since I bet they had at least a 1/10 Cara in planning.

Good to know...and I hope the Sideshow purchased the right to use Cara's likeness/costume outright, and there's nothing Disney/LFL can do about it, after the pettiness of pulling all of the HASBRO stuff.

Same for Iron Studios since I bet they had at least a 1/10 Cara in planning.

I think it all depends if there is any sort of significant backlash. Sideshow being an American company would be more susceptible, but they are relatively small in size so it may or may not have an effect. And with Iron Studios being Brazilian I’m not sure what kind of hit it could take.

But at the same time you don’t want to annoy the licensor or it could have future ramifications.

I think that if this PF comes out that Carano's cancellation may ultimately not have denied us any collectibles in the long run, other than people who missed out on TVC and BS figures before now and need to pay inflated prices.

Think about it we've already gotten or are getting Cara Dune:

Vintage Collection
Black Series
Retro Collection
Mission Fleet
Lego
Funko Pop
Premium Format

Really it's just Hot Toys that's missing but considering their history for leaving major gaps (Cassian, Baze, Poe, etc.) and the fact that she was always going to require a brand new body I'm not so sure that we *ever* would have gotten a Cara Dune HT figure. So while the cancellation of all new figures is stupid at least we can all be happy with what we already got. Lots of high profile "uncancelled" characters have much less merch than her.

I think that if this PF comes out that Carano's cancellation may ultimately not have denied us any collectibles in the long run, other than people who missed out on TVC and BS figures before now and need to pay inflated prices.

Think about it we've already gotten or are getting Cara Dune:

Vintage Collection
Black Series
Retro Collection
Mission Fleet
Lego
Funko Pop
Premium Format

Really it's just Hot Toys that's missing but considering their history for leaving major gaps (Cassian, Baze, Poe, etc.) and the fact that she was always going to require a brand new body I'm not so sure that we *ever* would have gotten a Cara Dune HT figure. So while the cancellation of all new figures is stupid at least we can all be happy with what we already got. Lots of high profile "uncancelled" characters have much less merch than her.

I think a HT figure of her would have happened though, especially if she got her own show as was rumored. I guess we will never know. I'm bummed because I'm not going to get my TVC figures of her now, I only ordered after I bought the Razor Crest. The second run was supposed to ship long ago but due to production issues they were delayed. Now because of the production delay that shipment will apparently never happen:mad:

I think a HT figure of her would have happened though, especially if she got her own show as was rumored. I guess we will never know. I'm bummed because I'm not going to get my TVC figures of her now, I only ordered after I bought the Razor Crest. The second run was supposed to ship long ago but due to production issues they were delayed. Now because of the production delay that shipment will apparently never happen:mad:

Ah man that sucks. Are you going to get her Retro figure to at least have an option of a vintage Kenner style diorama with your RC?

Ah man that sucks. Are you going to get her Retro figure to at least have an option of a vintage Kenner style diorama with your RC?

Maybe but it wouldn't go with the more modern TVC Mando figures I have already ordered. So I would have to switch gears completely which I'm not very inclined to do. The cancellation of Gina/Cara is such a buzzkill. At the conclusion of season two there was so much happiness and optimism that is now just destroyed.

Maybe but it wouldn't go with the more modern TVC Mando figures I have already ordered. So I would have to switch gears completely which I'm not very inclined to do. The cancellation of Gina/Cara is such a buzzkill. At the conclusion of season two there was so much happiness and optimism that is now just destroyed.

Yep they united the fandom in joy with Luke and have united us again in disgust with Gina.

Yep they united the fandom in joy with Luke and have united us again in disgust with Gina.

I just checked and Dorksidetoys hasn't cancelled my order yet but I would guess the chances of survival are slim to none based on what's being posted online.

I would’ve preferred that she stay on the show, but the actress has been on thin ice for awhile so while I’m disappointed as I liked the character, I’m in no way surprised that this happened.

While yes it ‘may’ be disappointing that one can’t post whatever you want on your social media accounts, imo there’s enough responsibility/fault for both sides.

There are so many examples of celebrities who were given warnings, but who weren’t able to get out of their own way which resulted in them getting ‘cancelled’.

I read that her Agency fired her too, but part of me thinks they failed her at the same time as they should’ve been managing her social media accounts or at least having some sort of delay so that posts don’t go immediately public until her management team have had time to review the post. As there will be many times an individual might make a post in jest or to exaggerate their point but not immediately see the potential issues with it. I understand that people want total control of such things, but when we’re talking about so much exposure and money I personally wouldn’t care less about letting that go, but nowadays people are as addicted to it as they are to other ‘recreational activities’.

With each passing day that I don't get a cancellation notice from Sideshow, my hope grows that we'll see this statue to fruition. I was on the fence with this one because of the lack of mixed media but considering HT isn't going to make her, this will be the one and only shot at a high end collectible of the character. I'm no where near aligned to the actresses political perspectives, but honestly couldn't care less. Separating the entertainment from the person is key to enjoyment.

What about moral questioning ?

Not sure what you're asking but if I understand you, a good example is: My wife does not like anything with David Boreanez because he cheated on his wife. I do not agree with cheating on your spouse but loved his portrayal of Angel in Buffy and the spin-off series. I separate the entertainer from the moral character they possess (or don't possess).

Well I wasn't optimistic anyway since I had other hopes for the narrative; but it wasn't this feeling of - just distaste, really:pfft:. Like it went from "I don't need all this rehash but there'll be stuff I really like" to "I feel like putting a period on my HT collection for Mando, 'coz no matter how good Bo-Katan or other is, they're not core characters, and I KNOW Disney is gonna force feed something/someone to fill the gap".

For me it's just not the same show:(, knowing Disney/LFL overrode Favreau, basically, who picked Gina. Knowing Disney/LFL interfered that much with someone who basically saved SW for them. And knowing Disney/LFL didn't give *&^%$ about the fan community percentage who may have had a different take on things.

Disney will count on the short memory of a lot of fans and throw a lot of spectacle in 2022, but it still won't be the same.:mad:

With each passing day that I don't get a cancellation notice from Sideshow, my hope grows that we'll see this statue to fruition. I was on the fence with this one because of the lack of mixed media but considering HT isn't going to make her, this will be the one and only shot at a high end collectible of the character. I'm no where near aligned to the actresses political perspectives, but honestly couldn't care less. Separating the entertainment from the person is key to enjoyment.

Looks like it is getting increasing pre-orders too, the statue is their hottest Star Wars one when I checked the other day, passing Ventress. Prior to that it was a no show.

Take that as you will.

Looks like it is getting increasing pre-orders too, the statue is their hottest Star Wars one when I checked the other day, passing Ventress. Prior to that it was a no show.

Take that as you will.

I’m guessing many were hoping for a better piece in the future, but as that’s now totally unlikely they have ‘no choice’ but to preorder this if they want this particular character represented. It’s almost, but not quite of course, like when an actor passes away, their Collectables are far more in demand, at least in the short term.

You mean buying something that might put royalties money into pockets of Disney hypocrites?

Yes, I had a hard time with this before placing my order :lol

I hope this sells thousands of preorders and makes cancelling it too big a financial loss to Sideshow.

I pretty much feel the same.

In Australia I’m probably considered a left winger, but on the current US spectrum I’m probably just left of centre. And in most cases I couldn’t care less what a celebrity’s personal beliefs are, even when they run contrary to my own. As long as they’re not criminals and the like, the entertainment that they may help produce is all that I care about. Sure they may be idiots etc, but I can still separate the media from the actor.

What about moral questioning ?

That’s for each and everyone to decide for themselves.

From the glance I’ve had on articles regarding her posts, most seem to be widely held beliefs of a not insignificant part of the population (which I may personally disagree with) and of course that last ill advised post. Though that last one imo feels more like she was exaggerating to try to make a point; which when looking from outside in of the US seems to be somewhat valid given how many may be treated due to polical affiliation. But of course making the comparison that she did was again ill advised, especially for one in the public eye.

Yes, I had a hard time with this before placing my order :lol

I hope this sells thousands of preorders and makes cancelling it too big a financial loss to Sideshow.

Canceling this won't be a Sideshow decision. I'm guessing Disney will bring down the hammer and force a cancelation. I hope it doesn't happen and I definitely think our chances of seeing this made are greater with each passing day.

As much as I love the character (and the lady) I was undecided about this when it was announced because the likeness (and the "heft" - Gina has CURVES!) isn't quite right.

I'm now almost hitting the "pre-order" button.

It would also use up my reward points quite nicely.

If I hear of someone doing certain custom additions for the base, that would seal the deal :)

Back