Premium Format Sideshow Cara Dune Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darthblitzwing

Super Freak
Reaction score
From SSC page

Attachments

• cars.jpg
    cars.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 514
  • caras.jpg
    caras.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 263
Last edited:
I don't want to make any decisions until I see the production version but this is something I might consider. I usually only buy 1/4 of tier 1 characters though. With Gina's body proportions and exposed joints a statue might be a more visually appealing collectible of her.

Happy to see that Sideshow is doing Star Wars statues but there are so many OT characters or outfits they haven't done yet. Kind of odd to see Cara Dune made before some of these...

Happy to see that Sideshow is doing Star Wars statues but there are so many OT characters or outfits they haven't done yet. Kind of odd to see Cara Dune made before some of these...

I still desperately want a smuggler Han with a great Ford likeness! Even the best Sideshow portraits like the newer ANH Leia always seem to have a bit of artistic interpretation built into them.

Think they’re doing it now while the show is still hot like HT has been doing. OT will always sell so they could wait longer to do them.

I still desperately want a smuggler Han with a great Ford likeness! Even the best Sideshow portraits like the newer ANH Leia always seem to have a bit of artistic interpretation built into them.

I think the best Ford likeness I've seen on a statue is the EX Stormtrooper extra head ironically. Far from perfect but looks quite good from many angles in person. It's my only Han Solo statue.

Think they?re doing it now while the show is still hot like HT has been doing. OT will always sell so they could wait longer to do them.

Yeah, I think companies are starting to get comfortable with releasing Mando stuff now after how successful the first season was. I imagine we’ll never get close to TPM/TFA hype again, but we’ll definitely be getting a lot more from this show than the previous 4 films going back to Rogue One.

Looks decent. My issue with this (and some of the other SS PFs) is that it lacks micro details. And you can tell the sculptor (based on style, I don't know their name) b/c of the lack of detail. No skin texture, very shallow and broad hair strokes instead of fine deep lines. It sad when some of their comic PFs have more detail than something live-action of a living person. To me, this and the Mando PFs look like first drafts you'd do just to get the form/shape/idea of what you want and not something you'd see as a finale product. Sort of like we do in the architecture world when you "block-out" a design first to just get your basic forms down before you go back in with the all the extra detail and line work. While I know the recent Bespin Luke, Han and Stormtrooper Han might not be for everyone, at least those have detail in the sculpts.

Looks pretty solid, glad to see another PF, unfortunately not a fan of the character and will be passing. Head sculpt could use bit of an improvement but human likeness on their Star Wars PF's have never been their strength.

With so much focus on the Mythos line, I'm surprised they didn't reveal a new Mythos piece.

I'll be a lot more tempted if Iron Studios puts out a great 1/4 Mando. The 70s fever Sideshow just doesn't work for me.

Looks pretty solid, glad to see another PF [...]. Head sculpt could use bit of an improvement but human likeness on their Star Wars PF's have never been their strength.

Indeed, one could say this of ALL their character-based PFs. And I actually think that for some reason this is intentional; that maybe they want you to see the character and not the actor. But who knows. HT meanwhile wants to hit the actor with a shrink-ray....

Overall this is a nice PF, tho.

With so much focus on the Mythos line, I'm surprised they didn't reveal a new Mythos piece.

Same.

I can't believe we're getting a Cara Dune statue before characters like Ahsoka, Lando, or even Thrawn.

Very strange choice.

Back