1/6 Sideshow Captain Rex Phase II

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Decided to pick this guy up. Not a big prequel fan but I enjoyed the cartoons and Rex was always a favourite of mine. The low price on this guy helped as well. Anyways, these prequel characters make for cool toys, I love this guy and I'm now thinking of picking up Echo and Fives, once they start shipping.

A couple of pics from me:

Someone offered to sell me the regular for $100 shipped, but I kinda want the exclusive base for this guy. Hmm... :huh:

Hi guys and gals.

The Phase 2 Rex is the first Sideshow 1/6 I've ever owned and I have to say, I love it!

And I had a question:

Will the wonderful new head sculpt maybe fit on the Phase 1 Rex?

I worked-up a version using some of the online photos and I think that the concept looks pretty nice:

STAR_WARS_Sideshow_Captain_Rex_Phase_1_armor.jpg

Captain_Rex_Phase_1_armor_Phase_2_head_02.jpg

But since I don't have the first Rex, I don't know:

a. Whether or not the new head would fit on the old body snugly?

and

b. If the Phase 1 helmet would fit over the Phase 2 head?

Can anyone with both Rex's confirm if it's doable?

Thanks! :)

Edit: Whoops! Not sure why I asked about the bucket fitting over the head. I guess I forgot myself for a minute there. :p

Hi guys and gals.

The Phase 2 Rex is the first Sideshow 1/6 I've ever owned and I have to say, I love it!

And I had a question:

Will the wonderful new head sculpt maybe fit on the Phase 1 Rex?

I worked-up a version using some of the online photos and I think that the concept looks pretty nice:

View attachment 176393

View attachment 176394

But since I don't have the first Rex, I don't know:

a. Whether or not the new head would fit on the old body snugly?

and

b. If the Phase 1 helmet would fit over the Phase 2 head?

Can anyone with both Rex's confirm if it's doable?

Thanks! :)

Yes, the new head fits the old body, I mean phase I body. I currently have both phase I and II on display. Phase I with the new head.

Yes, the new head fits the old body, I mean phase I body. I currently have both phase I and II on display. Phase I with the new head.

Awesome. Thanks so much for the quick reply!

Incidentally, I'd love to see a photo of the two Rex's you have displayed. :)

I might need to get this. Wanted to keep my 1/6 to HT since for now it is a side collection, but this figure is pretty darn good looking.

Awesome. Thanks so much for the quick reply!

Incidentally, I'd love to see a photo of the two Rex's you have displayed. :)

My camera broke. Here are a couple quick cell pics.

Attachments

• Rex edited 002 rz.jpg
    Rex edited 002 rz.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 567
  • Rex edited001 rz.jpg
    Rex edited001 rz.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 610
Anyone else having trouble getting the Phase II head on the Phase I body?

Now that it's been revealed that Rex shows up in Rebels....are we going to see a version 3 of him from Sideshow next year?

I've been contemplating getting this figure for a long time. I hesitated when I learned that Hottoys would be making Star Wars figs. Now I realize though that it'll probably be a long time before they get around to any Clone Wars figures.

So I'm considering getting Rex again. It'll be my first Sideshow 1/6 figure.

Back