Premium Format Sideshow Captain America Premium Format 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMO the pose, facial expression and musculature are excellent. But the suit aesthetics aren't working for me. Need to see more of this before I decide.

OMG, where do I begin? The dog collar, knee pads, stripes on his legs, mask, and boots all look like hot garbage to me. IMO, this is just one step up from the Deathstroker PF. The only thing they got right is that he at least looks muscular (unlike Deathstroker).

Agree as well! The knee pads and stripes though are really bad. I could live with the collar and boots. This is going to be a "Pass" for me on one of my top 5 comic book characters. SSC, I know you like taking liberties sometimes but geez.

I like it

PO'd: SSC Avengers assemble: Thor, Hulk, and Wasp/SSC Spider-Gwen/SSC Silk/SSC Baby Groot/SSC Thanos CE & EX/SSC Wolverine/XM-Studios Hulkbuster/XM-Studios Spider-Man/XM-Studios Electro/RCB Future Foundation Spider-Man/RCB Iron Spider-Man/IBD Onslaught/IBD Sentry/IBD Agent Venom/IBD Hyperion/IBD Superior Spider-man/IBD Iron Spider-Man

OMG, where do I begin? The dog collar, knee pads, stripes on his legs, mask, and boots all look like hot garbage to me. IMO, this is just one step up from the Deathstroker PF. The only thing they got right is that he at least looks muscular (unlike Deathstroker).

Amen. His legs are unsightly. From the stripes on his thighs to his knee guards and then to his overly complicated boots. No thanks.

Sideshow went full retard on making him complicated/detailed.

Same goes for Black Widow.

Last edited:
once again the sideshow art direction has been wrong.

For my part, they can place this captain next to the black cat premium format.
Someone doubts that if black cat pf had had the classic suit would have sold more and better?

A collector who wants to have a unique figure of the captain wants it in a classic version, then you can complete it with some other more modern or different captain, but starting from the fact that the most important version is the classic one.

If a collector has all the captains america pf who has launched sideshow to the market, but he lacks or does not have the first (classic version), his collection is incomplete, he is missing the most important of all, his collection can not rest in peace until not having the most representative design of the character.

Do not forget who controls the direction of the ship, it is not the companies that make figures, we are the consumers and buyers.

We should not conform, if this figure or another figure we do not like or is not the one we need we should not buy it.

I will continue waiting for a classic American captain to form / unite the avengers.

Whoever has the classic American captain this new one can be a good complement.

Well I kind of agree and disagree with you guys. I’m not interested in this piece either mbut it will sell for sure. I mean if they put this out after deathstroke and black cat (which collectors in forums domt like) there must be a market for these type of pieces i can only assume. Not everyone wants a classic cap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want to see more before saying no, we just see a zoom out of the statue... But the pose is really bad ass. I like it for the moment

Envoyé de mon STV100-3 en utilisant Tapatalk

I love it. It’s obviously a movie/modern interpretation. Being the Cap fan that I am I’ll get this one for sure. Either PO of the EX is amazing or wait until it comes out and get it for under retail like most other statues these days.

I thought that maybe a classic head would save this statue but looking at the full reveal and seeing how his shield covers up *only* the good parts of the costume (the torso) and exposes only the "problem areas" I think that this just might be a pass. Too bad. The quality of the sculpting looks very well done, it's a striking shade of blue, and a very cool pose.

Hopefully they "redo" this one like they did with the multiple Catwomans and give us this same statue tweaked with an alternate costume.

OMG. This will be mine.

That head tilt is BOSS. :rock

That pose is like 'come at me, bro.' I love it.

And that base with the Ultron arm (presumably) is a nice touch....and honestly, I kind of want Black Widow now after seeing her more.

Poor Cap, not getting a lot of love
I see everyone's point
I love the pose, sculpt and face...the suit is okay
I'll wait for the full reveal but chances are I'll order

There's enough of the other versions that it doesn't phase me. If this one isn't for someone, thankfully, there's a number of others to choose from.

This and Deathstroker are my biggest disappointments from sideshow. I needed classic versions of both for my collection so I'll will be passing on them. They both would've been day 1 POs for me if it wasn't for the horrific looking sideshowified costumes.

Back