Premium Format Sideshow Captain America Premium Format 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm OK with them scrapping the whole thing and giving us a classic Cap or at least something more comic accurate. The stripes on his thighs, the dog collar, and the knee pads look hideous. Some differences or artistic license is to be expected but this is going too far. It's not one random guy that has a problem with this piece. If someone wants to gush over this piece that's fine. However, there are people that think the costume looks like crap. I'm one of them and have no problem saying so. I want comic accurate costumes, not made up ones. This piece is only one step above the Deathstroker PF because at least they got Cap's musculature right. I think all of the Deathstroker PF is a total loss because of just how bad it looks.

Again. That is all your opinion. Not fact.

You don't like it, don't buy it. Feel free to list what you don't like. That is what this forum is for! That's awesome. I'm sure the company and some artist love to hear that kinda stuff as it helps them grow. But don't act like this piece shouldn't exist because you don't like. Modern armor upgrades and design to a statue is "too far"? Captain America was turned into a Nazi this past year in the comics... Change isn't bad. You'll get another classic cap. Just don't shut down all new ideas or this **** gets boring fast.

His facial expression looks similar to Batman, DD, Thor, Pf’s.. if this was 350.00 I may consider otherwise will wait to see more in hand pics. It looks ok, but need to see more.

His facial expression looks similar to Batman, DD, Thor, Pf’s.. if this was 350.00 I may consider otherwise will wait to see more in hand pics. It looks ok, but need to see more.

Yup. Noticed that as well. I think even the new bats pf has that “same” face

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm really digging this piece. I hope they give it a few months before release. I need to pay for Mags

$350??? Not even the 1/5 Captain is that cheap. :lol

But, I get ya though. It's not your thing.

Again. That is all your opinion. Not fact.

You don't like it, don't buy it. Feel free to list what you don't like. That is what this forum is for! That's awesome. I'm sure the company and some artist love to hear that kinda stuff as it helps them grow. But don't act like this piece shouldn't exist because you don't like. Modern armor upgrades and design to a statue is "too far"? Captain America was turned into a Nazi this past year in the comics... Change isn't bad. You'll get another classic cap. Just don't shut down all new ideas or this **** gets boring fast.

Do you think I cared for Nazi Cap? I dropped Cap and a almost all other Marvel comics because they have become toilet paper over the years. But hey, that's just my opinion. It must be a coincidence that sales and readership of Marvel comics have plummeted during that same time frame. Sorry savage, when I think something is garbage, I have zero problem saying so. If you love the piece, I have zero problems respecting your point of view. Even if I don't agree with it. I want to emphasize just how terrible I think something is because maybe someone from sideshow will read this and understand why I am passing on their products. Personally, I absolutely hate this new direction sideshow is pursuing with their sideshowified costumes. They have hung their classic collectors out to dry after we have spent thousands on their products. To say that pisses me off is an understatement. Again, I wouldn't be so irate if another company could release 1/4 classic Marvel and DC statues, but sideshow made sure that wouldn't happen with with their licensing agreements.

Do you think I cared for Nazi Cap? I dropped Cap and a almost all other Marvel comics because they have become toilet paper over the years. But hey, that's just my opinion. It must be a coincidence that sales and readership of Marvel comics have plummeted during that same time frame. Sorry savage, when I think something is garbage, I have zero problem saying so. If you love the piece, I have zero problems respecting your point of view. Even if I don't agree with it. I want to emphasize just how terrible I think something is because maybe someone from sideshow will read this and understand why I am passing on their products. Personally, I absolutely hate this new direction sideshow is pursuing with their sideshowified costumes. They have hung their classic collectors out to dry after we have spent thousands on their products. To say that pisses me off is an understatement. Again, I wouldn't be so irate if another company could release 1/4 classic Marvel and DC statues, but sideshow made sure that wouldn't happen with with their licensing agreements.

I didn't mean you liked those arcs. But if they just put out the same stories/content over and over again you would be just as mad if not madder. Like these statues, people constantly complain about getting the same characters over and over. Imagine if they were all classic cap over and over again. I'm sorry, but they are a business and want to sell product, so they are going to revisit characters. Why not try to produce different looking versions of the character. I totally respect that you do not like the piece. I enjoy that you speak your mind in here as well. It's just that this is someone's art or someone at sideshow's art direction. This could even be their dream project... and the fact that someone could **** on it so heavily is a rough thing. In your post above you say that you accept that people like it, but if you really did, then you wouldn't post as if you demanded changes to the product no?

I'm just saying. Something like "I really dislike this and that. I would change this or that." seems fine with me. Idk. I think I'm just being a bit touchy to be honest. It just seems so harsh to **** all over someone's art without it being creative criticism... I'm not being sarcastic. I just kinda realized it while I was typing I may be acting a little, touchy.

All is good friends. Cap is awesome! Hope those that like the statues get them!

I know some of these conversations 'bleed' over from other threads, but I love the modernization movement, but I'd want Sideshow to revisit the classic costume every 3 or 4 installment.

I respect both sides though. You can't go wrong with the classic look, but I appreciate Sideshow's desire to move forward.

I didn't mean you liked those arcs. But if they just put out the same stories/content over and over again you would be just as mad if not madder. Like these statues, people constantly complain about getting the same characters over and over. Imagine if they were all classic cap over and over again. I'm sorry, but they are a business and want to sell product, so they are going to revisit characters. Why not try to produce different looking versions of the character. I totally respect that you do not like the piece. I enjoy that you speak your mind in here as well. It's just that this is someone's art or someone at sideshow's art direction. This could even be their dream project... and the fact that someone could **** on it so heavily is a rough thing. In your post above you say that you accept that people like it, but if you really did, then you wouldn't post as if you demanded changes to the product no?

I'm just saying. Something like "I really dislike this and that. I would change this or that." seems fine with me. Idk. I think I'm just being a bit touchy to be honest. It just seems so harsh to **** all over someone's art without it being creative criticism... I'm not being sarcastic. I just kinda realized it while I was typing I may be acting a little, touchy.

All is good friends. Cap is awesome! Hope those that like the statues get them!

The last classic Cap PF was released about 10 years ago. I don't mind different costumes but we are way overdue for another classic Cap. To have to wait 10+ years for another one is ridiculous. Also, Magneto, Thanos, and Deathstroke were never released as PFs before and we were stuck with sideshowified costumes of them whether we like it or not. Not to mention Igo made it very clear we have only more sideshowified costumes to look forward to in the future. The current art direction is the reason for my anger and poor disposition. That's why I haven't pulled any punches with my thoughts on this new modernization movement by sideshow.

As for me demanding changes to a product....correct me if I'm wrong but didn't all the complaints in the Mags MAQ thread result in positive changes? On rare occasion sideshow does consider our thoughts and makes changes. If everyone just accepted what was put out and didn't complain, nothing would change. As for the artists feelings, I don't think they are thin skinned. Criticism comes with any form of art. Some will love it, some will like it, and some will hate it. It comes with the territory and I think most professional artists can handle it. However, I don't blame any sculptor for a bad looking PF (I love Daniel Bel's work and think he's an amazing sculptor). Artists are creative thinkers by nature and tend to like pushing boundaries. I expect that. I also expect the Art Director to step in and do their job. They are responsible for the end product. I blame the AD when things go wrong with a PF or I don't like the vision or direction of the releases I'm seeing or the way they are trending. When sideshow releases a character for the first time, it should always be as a classic PF. It's the most iconic version of the character. After that, have at it. But, if it's an insanely popular character like Cap, a classic costumed PF can be released more than once a decade (and still counting). Hell, at the very least they can offer a classic variant for the collectors that have spent thousands on their merch and have a classic collection. Those are just my thoughts and opinion on the subject savage. Please don't take my comments personally. They aren't aimed at you.

The last classic Cap PF was released about 10 years ago. I don't mind different costumes but we are way overdue for another classic Cap. To have to wait 10+ years for another one is ridiculous. Also, Magneto, Thanos, and Deathstroke were never released as PFs before and we were stuck with sideshowified costumes of them whether we like it or not. Not to mention Igo made it very clear we have only more sideshowified costumes to look forward to in the future. The current art direction is the reason for my anger and poor disposition. That's why I haven't pulled any punches with my thoughts on this new modernization movement by sideshow.

As for me demanding changes to a product....correct me if I'm wrong but didn't all the complaints in the Mags MAQ thread result in positive changes? On rare occasion sideshow does consider our thoughts and makes changes. If everyone just accepted what was put out and didn't complain, nothing would change. As for the artists feelings, I don't think they are thin skinned. Criticism comes with any form of art. Some will love it, some will like it, and some will hate it. It comes with the territory and I think most professional artists can handle it. However, I don't blame any sculptor for a bad looking PF (I love Daniel Bel's work and think he's an amazing sculptor). Artists are creative thinkers by nature and tend to like pushing boundaries. I expect that. I also expect the Art Director to step in and do their job. They are responsible for the end product. I blame the AD when things go wrong with a PF or I don't like the vision or direction of the releases I'm seeing or the way they are trending. When sideshow releases a character for the first time, it should always be as a classic PF. It's the most iconic version of the character. After that, have at it. But, if it's an insanely popular character like Cap, a classic costumed PF can be released more than once a decade (and still counting). Hell, at the very least they can offer a classic variant for the collectors that have spent thousands on their merch and have a classic collection. Those are just my thoughts and opinion on the subject savage. Please don't take my comments personally. They aren't aimed at you.

At least we got a classic Superman first :lol

At least we got a classic Superman first :lol

I'm with you on that. However, it looks like were still not going to get a classic Flash or Martian Manhunter PF. If they would've released this new Supes PF first and said more modernized JL PFs were coming, I probably wouldn't have spent my money on that modernized Big 7 JL lineup. As it stands, I have spent thousands on their classic PFs and may never finish my classic Big 7 lineup because there's a good chance I'll hate the sideshowified modern costumes they'll no doubt have on the eventual Flash and MM PFs. What a F'n mess this has turned into for classic collectors.

I know some of these conversations 'bleed' over from other threads, but I love the modernization movement, but I'd want Sideshow to revisit the classic costume every 3 or 4 installment.

I respect both sides though. You can't go wrong with the classic look, but I appreciate Sideshow's desire to move forward.

Hey hey hey dont' give SS ideas. This is a quick way to get me broke mate

Gotta be honest ...I expected this piece to be shown on SideShow Live first before the new Black Widow PF. And yet, tomorrow's episode will highlight her instead.

I'm beginning to like this Black widow. She's Russian so she's got that exotic look and even this head sculpt with that no-hair salon day looks pretty good to me too. LOL. But the other sculpt imo is much much better.

Back