Sideshow BTVS Faith Maquette Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice body sculpt, the face has issues like discussed before and that left eye is kind of wonky. Congrats to those who like it though.

fa12.jpg

Though I think the eyes are a bit sloppy, I think she came out pretty great. Tuesday is too far away!

Though I think the eyes are a bit sloppy, I think she came out pretty great. Tuesday is too far away!

This is a nice piece, However, my piece does have some issues, though I'm unsure if this is an across the board issue just yet. While I'm thankful there isn't a lazy eye effect (yay -- and finally), the paint apps on the eyes are nonetheless a little rough (though not "Rogue" rough) and unnecessarily glossy. The bow (the string part) is loose and isn't tight so the floppy look does take away a bit from the menacing feel the piece. There's also some type of smudge on the base which one could argue is worthy of a replacement. We'll see how I feel in a couple of days as more pîcs start popping up.

Overall, I am pleased. However, I hate to admit, I actually set my bar quite low given the quality of some releases lately.

Last edited:
Judging by the recent batch of pics, it looks REALLY nice. I hope mine arrives in such condition.

I'm with risingstar on the 'quality' aspect of things. My expectations have certainly lowered themselves in recent years, so that may explain my surprise. But nonetheless, looks really nice overall. I'm glad to see the paint app. didn't ruin the sculpt. Sure, there is some tweaks that could be made, but I certainly can't complain too much if mine arrives looking as good as those pics.

Congrats to both of you. Keep the pics coming! I'm going to overload this thread with pics when mine arrives (as long as there's no damage, etc.) *fingers crossed*

Faith turned out great. And that makes me even more anxious about being on the wait list for the excl. Don't know if I should order the regular edition or just wait. Man, I need her!

Faith turned out great. And that makes me even more anxious about being on the wait list for the excl. Don't know if I should order the regular edition or just wait. Man, I need her!

Definitely keep your WL order for the EX.

I would scout Ebay, and worst case scenario, get the regular from Sideshow. I have a feeling you won't have trouble finding a regular at a good price. With the EX, you may have to pay a small premium, but if you get one early enough, you'll be fine.

I think anyone on a WL that's worried it may not convert, get the regular. The difference is a weapon, so you are at least not missing out on a portrait. I realize it's her knife, but still. I'd recommend going with the regular, and selling it if the ex ever converts.

And btw Risingstar, I love Mystique.

Back