Sideshow ALIENS Queen and Egg Chamber Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Alien Queen hive dio????

queenhive4.jpg

This piece is gonna be outrageous.

Nah I can't do that man, it seems like too much stuff has been worth buying lately I'm broke!
Been back tracking on a few pieces I passed on earlier and getting smashed with christmans and stuff still to come. I will pass on other things to get this if it turns out OK if I need to.

no............it wont. This piece has to be really small to fit all that stuff into the dio.

Honestly, it's not really small.

It's in scale with the rest of the SS dios and the Queen is the same size as the Queen/Powerloader piece.

So, it's pretty damn big.

queenhive3.jpg

Yup big piece, big price tag, big shipping costs.... flexpay for me :) I have already missed out on way to many great pieces.

I'm going to need to make a payment once every three months kind of flex-pay to be able to afford this, I can just feel it slipping through my fingers already. Oh well, my Alien dream piece and I'll never own one.

If only Sideshow would halt production on the stuff I already have ordered, and promise not to release anything else I want for a year....

Honestly, it's not really small.

It's in scale with the rest of the SS dios and the Queen is the same size as the Queen/Powerloader piece.

So, it's pretty damn big.

i know it will be big, but it can only be so big with the pieces involved. i would be suprised if it went for over 1k, and if it did, i dont think it would sell all that well seeing as the 1/4 queen maquette sold for less than that. What was the scale of the powerloader queen? like 1/8? i would rather have a full scale 1/6 queen since this dio will only look good next to other dios, but i guess it might look good as a center piece. Have to see more........People would eat up a 1/6 queen cause most people have at minimum, a few 1/6 pieces.

The problem is that she is just too darn big.

They've already done a 1/4 scale bust so I think a 1:1 is out of the question both because of weight, size, cost, and redundancy.

That leaves a maquette but the Dog Alien and Alien Warrior has set the bar and you can't give us a 1/6 scale Queen Maquette. It would look ridiculous if she was as big as the Warrior or Dog . . . the scale would look horrible and she would look wrong displayed next to them.

You would have to give us a 1/5 scale AT LEAST, probably a 1/4 scale and at 1/4 scale, a Queen would run 1500 dollars maybe more and be the size of your 3 year old kid.

Not saying I wouldn't love one but I just think that the logistics of the situation is forcing Sideshow to give us the Queen only in diorama format . . . which kinda sucks.

Dennsi

Looks like no reveal for the 12 days of sideshow for this. How disappointing; hope it is not just a concept that they heavily modify or scrap.

i am def. going to get this, speaking of aliens.. Do you guys think we will get a ripley from Alien and Aliens. Or is her likeness unavailable? anyone have an idea

I don't think so. Her likeness seems pretty much unobtainable. Hot Toys and Sideshow have both made Ripley items, but without Sigourney Weaver's likeness. I would say your best option is to find customer that is doing a Ripley sculpt.

Yeah, they should have showed us this in their 12 Days of Sideshow event. But I guess they gave us a sneek peek at the Big Chap Maquette. Still this is what I want more information on.

Back