Sideshow Alien Space Jockey maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the price it's very tempting-I don't have anywhere to display it-have too many large pieces out... if my dwelling size increases by next year, I might take the plunge. Really think SSC hit a home run with this.

Remember how huge the space jockey was in A L I E N? They were giants. Far bigger then the ones everyone saw in the movie prometheus.

Remember how huge the space jockey was in A L I E N? They were giants. Far bigger then the ones everyone saw in the movie prometheus.

Welcome to the forum! The original jockey was indeed very big, but not quite as large as it appeared as children in flight suits were used for some of the close up shots.

Why would they use children in flight suits o_0? They actually built a 1:1 size one and it was massive.. just go close to that :p

I think the 1:1 they built was more or less as big as a big human. I've seen a pic of the original model with artists working around it and the Jockey itself looked bigger than them, but not that big. But I may be wrong, I'm pretty sure that without children acting during the wide shots in those scenes, we wouldn't have the same perceived size of the Jockey.

I think the 1:1 they built was more or less as big as a big human. I've seen a pic of the original model with artists working around it and the Jockey itself looked bigger than them, but not that big. But I may be wrong, I'm pretty sure that without children acting during the wide shots in those scenes, we wouldn't have the same perceived size of the Jockey.
It was much, much larger than a human.

alien-space-jockey-04.jpg

Definitely, my memory played tricks. And I saw that same pic, like, two days ago :slap

I know it's not a deal breaker, and it's easy to overlook, but the circular base on this maquette is really small. :lol

I know it's not a deal breaker, and it's easy to overlook, but the circular base on this maquette is really small. :lol

It's really big in reality, that is why it's cut short. If it were the full disk it would be neigh on impossible for most of us to display.

Agreed, I'm happy they cut the cirtular base. My fear was that they would have gone like one of the resin kits out there, with a huge circular base and a small Jockey on chair, that would have killed the piece. I want the Jockey, not the base :D

Back