Sideshow Alien Space Jockey maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah. Probably I'm influenced by Alien being at the top of my priority list... or maybe it's due to the recent random prices we've seen thrown around, but to me this feels pretty much like a bargain.
I don't feel so confident regarding the final paint app on this one, lots of tones of brown, they need to nail the "calcified" look of the Jockey, and then there's the rusty effect on the whole thing.

Is it just me or does the cannon/telescope-like part seem a bit short?
Telescope might be a little short when compared to the maquette below, but still beautiful piece though

Best I can do with the pictures available, slightly different perspectives but it looks okay when you match the pictures up.

2r5Freb.png

I think it's just certain angles making it look so, I actually feared this would be more expensive than it is, it's a heck of as big lump. Given that the average PF is up close to $500 now this doesn't seen bad really.

Still expensive as heck in the grand scheme of things of course but then all of this stuff is.
This appears to have the height of an average PF at around 20 inches or so, add the mass of this thing, which is much more than a PF, and I think the price is fair (fair in Sideshow terms, realistically I think all of these collectibles' prices should be cut in half :monkey1).

Though it looks better in that comparison pic, I'm still not totally convinced on the telescope/cannon's length. We'll see.

This is really, really... Well, it's much larger than I was thinking. Somehow. The price seems reasonable considering the size of it; maybe I should be happy that I've got no place to put something so big... :confused:

Looks good, though.

This looks amazing. Can't wait to get the actual specs on it though I already know I have nowhere to put it.

Should size equal $? Could use the same amount of polystone as a PF if they hollow it out.
Very much doubt it will be solid anyway, imagine the weight.

Hope it turns out awesome for everyone ordering. I don't personally love the character enough to drop $700+

Size is no that much of a factor, and most regular sized PFs are mostly hollow anyway. It's more about licensing, complexity and how much Sideshow feels to charge "because yes". The typical example is Rhino vs Hulk. Nearly identical sculpt, both lightweight, Rhino is 399$ and Hulk 550$.

This appears to have the height of an average PF at around 20 inches or so, add the mass of this thing, which is much more than a PF, and I think the price is fair (fair in Sideshow terms, realistically I think all of these collectibles' prices should be cut in half :monkey1).

Though it looks better in that comparison pic, I'm still not totally convinced on the telescope/cannon's length. We'll see.

Yeah, I have some questions about the length/scale of the 'scope too. I think it may be in a slightly smaller scale compared to the Jockey.
Something definitely feels off. Not by a lot, but still not quite accurate.

But I don't think that's going to be a deal killer for me. Overall size looks close to ideal for my situation and price is relatively reasonable in comparison to other statues. Shipping is going to be $$ as that box is going to be huge.

Was really hoping to get the ARH Death Dealer, but the size on that is just a little too big for me. This will fit the spot I had for that, with a little breathing room to spare- and fill the area with a similar mass of darker colors. And come in a couple hundred $ cheaper to boot.

Back